Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Laptop

sephton19661

All Centrino means is the combination of the chipset and the pentium m proccessor. you can get a laptop with a pentium m and say Broadcom wireless  and there isnt really any difference to the user. Personally im hp all the way, manuals etc are available on the site if you ever need to strip it down. -I might be slightly biased though being a hp/Compaq engineer!

Can you please use cable ties, and screw everything in properly, next time you build my families pc? :thumbsup:

this is what i will be using my laptop for it will be my main machine i will be using it for work for e-mails spreadsheets and just general office work.

But it will be my home machine aswell and i like to play the odd game or 2 when i have some spare time and also make mp3's for my car stereo.

after a great deal of looking found nothing yet but would like one with a

AMD Turion 64 mobile technology ML-34 1.8 GHz - 64-bit

128mb graphics or above

512 ram or above

not bothered about size of hard drive

but can find laptops with one or 2 of them specs but not all 3 either 1 or 2 of the specs is missing.

didnt think it would be this hard to find a laptop but i dont want to buy rubbish and redret it later.

All Centrino means is the combination of the chipset and the pentium m proccessor. you can get a laptop with a pentium m and say Broadcom wireless  and there isnt really any difference to the user. Personally im hp all the way, manuals etc are available on the site if you ever need to strip it down. -I might be slightly biased though being a hp/Compaq engineer!

Is this laptop any good ive put on my shortlist

HP Compaq Business Notebook nx6125

You don't need to focus on getting such a good processor then IMO.

You'd be fine with an Athlon processor at the end of the day.

*With regards to the NX6125 - It seems to get pretty good reviews, like this one:

Review

No one will ever all agree on this :P

My cetrino is pretty mediocre for games etc, (thats what the PC is for ;)) I can do what ever image editing I would want to on it, but why bother? in all honestly I never use it anymore as I no longer have a job that requires a laptop, so my other half uses it to surf the net on.

Yes you can get intigrated wireless that is not centrino, (what ever I'd deffo go for intrigrated wireless!) its a branded combination of a certain typpe of processor, wireless, and most importantly its geard towards power conservation (and less heat!).

Laptops are a funny old thing a you can have two models with identical spec, but one may well cost twice as much, but you more often then not get what you pay for!!!

Is Battery life a consideration? It was one of the biggest aspects for me Battery life, silent and a decent screen for presentations!

I would say avoid fushizu seimens and TINY... the IBM ones seem pretty dull and over priced... Vaio for looks and multimedia.. HP are pretty solid too.. (How many meetings were we hanging around and comparing laptops :lol::ph34r:)

I personally look toa laptop as a mobile tool... not a full on replacement for a desktop!

Can you please use cable ties, and screw everything in properly, next time you build my families pc? :thumbsup:

Quality comment!!

sephton19661 -To be honest I haven't had a play about with the model you mentioned but it looks like quite a lot of them at the minute and they are a solid build. Dont know how the Battery life compares with a similar spec intel, though if you after more of a desktop replacement that doesn't really matter. Go with hp though would def be my advice.

Karam Supra -You pretty much said it all.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links