Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ice Advice Needed

philjones1978

I have a 98 Corolla with a 35x4 stereo, completely standard. By all accounts the standard Speakers are not easy to replace, especially in the back. How would a new head unit work with the standard Speakers and one of those (not sure how to describe them) mini subs that fit under the passengers seat? Would it be an improvement at all? Would be pretty cheap at under £200.

Thanks for your replies as I know nothing about ICE!!!

Ok, i have no knowledge about your car, but i know my in-car stuff.

You want to change the H/U and leave the Speakers alone, best would be the other way round, change Speakers first then H/U.

OEM Speakers are pretty crap, well, most are made of paper cones, and when pushed they !Removed! :lol: well sound really crap.

Changing your speakers should be the first port of call, they will make the sound sound a whole lot better.

I know speaker postions are normally manufactures last things on there mind, but, with some careful thinking, and a bit of unscrewing and pulling, you will soon find them speakers.

This is the cheapest set of speakers i've ever seen, and considering, i use this website, and use there stuff, i wouldn't turn down these speakers even at those prices, would be a good starting route to see if you get better sound from your current system

Linky

Your looking for a mini-bass bin, that fits under your seat, forget it :lol:

If you want bass, go the proper, or at least, get a bass-tube for the boot.

I've seen, and heard them silly under-seat speakers, and aren't worth the money, time, space or effort to put them in your car, espically since they too are made from paper speakers as well :lol:

OMG :huh: What the f...?

so weird? how shi£?

is it a wok?

next question if they go under the seat, if your a fat b....... do you brake it? :crybaby:

Well worth fitting up rated instead Speakers :thumbsup:

i got a yaris, kitted up with all infinity, not the best by a long way

but keeps me happy :thumbsup:

and for the price on the web, not too bad either.

good luck with it anyway :thumbsup:

I'm always worried about people who sit in the back, and start kicking there feet under the seat, and with that sub there, would be an ideal thing to get broken first.

At least i know my changer is a bit smaller than that, and i know that won't get broken in the near future :yes:

Change Speakers first, see if that changes the sound in your car.

Changing the H/U will still sound the same if you got the OEM Speakers there, at least, do Speakers and then see if the H/U needed to be upgraded.