Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Local Weather

Avensis wagon

Just had the urge to share my local weather forecast with you. Sorry, it was just an impulse...

local forecast

(1 mm of precipitation as water = 1 cm snow)

:o I don't envy you that! Is that about average for this time of year over there?

Yes, about average though it varies from Lapland in the north to Helsinki on the coast in the south – Finland is about 2.5 times the size of England and we share a 1400 km border with Russia (no comment!).

January to March are the coldest months where you see temperatures typically of

-15 to -25, occasionally -30 and rarely -35ish. Record lows are knocking on for -60 in the north. Our coldest weather comes with clear skies and no wind – it’s like any heat the earth just vanishes into the cosmos. Mind you, a nice sunny and wind-free day in March at -5 out on a lake (ice you can drive a car on) is pleasant sunbathing weather.

Sometimes the snow comes in October and stays through till April, sometimes it’s still coming and going in November which makes things very dark with no snow to reflect a sun that doesn’t come up for long or get very high (and none to reflect the moon either). Can be depressing.

Needless to say, I changed over to my winter tyres last week (very deep special tread pattern with short metal studs).

I frequent a bike forum, which has a couple of guys from Finland I believe.

They often send over movies of them out on their motorcycles, "playing" on the ice.

Madness!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links