Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Economy- Starlet/paseo/corolla

dymchurchpaseo

Turbo Sera, average fuel economy including town and open road driving - 35mpg

goes up when on a run to 45mpg

:D i usually manage about 45-48mpg but can get it up to about 55mpg :eek: by taking it "easy" :P

I only ever run mine up the Mway as fast as conditions allow.

I get around 550kms-600kms to a tank- with a little in reserve-don't want to run it till it dies... just to find out how 'economical' it is.. I don't really think I bought it with economy in mind....HAHA

i think mine has some kind of fuel problem... i can only get 220 miles out of a full tank when driving normally, it must be about 170 miles when giving it some stick...

it used to be alot higher.

any ideas on what it might be?

Rich.

well as ive said quite a few times, i usually get around 240mi out of a full tank (i run it to the fuel light) of petrol, and the tank is 10.5gal, so that would be an average of 22.9mpg, which is horrid. However, on my last tank of gas (pretty much all motorway driving) I got 320mi on a tank, and i was damn near down to the last drop before I filled up, which is an average of 30.5mpg...

worked out my last fillup, im getting 29mpg just driving normally....

i bet i could run a much more powerful car at the mo with that kinda consuption!!!!

any ideas on what it might be? anyone else ran into tis problem??

Rich.

paseo tank is 45L

well i think the point andrew brings up often is valid, about a faulty temperature sender, which would cause an incorrect temperature to be recorded and depending, could make the engine run in cold start mode for longer or something or other

If you keep the paseo below 80 you can get 40mpg out of it, above this it rapidly drops. My celicas the same - below 80 can get about 34mpg above it ie 100+ it goes down to about 25mpg. What mpg are you getting out of the pug? my 406hdi does 60 -65 mpg ?

@ dymchurchpaseo. I get 35mpg in my ep91. Dont think you'll ever get 50mpg from a starlet unless u get out and push. Mines a 97 100k+ sportif, startin runnin it on super unleaded and i get more mpg though aint got figures yet.

• 2 weeks later...

my last tank of £29 at 89.9 per litre got me 45 mpg a total of 323 miles all motorway milage mostly. speed average around 75 - 80 mph

thedazman