Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare Alarm Fob

gaml261263

Hello Everybody

I have a corolla 1.3 1998 wth the standard tvss-ivs alarm. I recently got a spare alarm fob but have no idea how to programme the car to work with both fobs. Does anybody know how to do this? The manual only says that the car can use upto 4 fobs but doesn't explain how to install them.

Thanks for your help

Hello Everybody

I have a corolla 1.3 1998 wth the standard tvss-ivs alarm. I recently got a spare alarm fob but have no idea how to programme the car to work with both fobs. Does anybody know how to do this? The manual only says that the car can use upto 4 fobs but doesn't explain how to install them.

Thanks for your help

I thought this was a dealer job?

It is a dealer job, unless someone wants to share the steps involved...!

Seeing as we are on the topic of alarms, I do not have the key fob for my Scorpion alarm; is it possible to buy another and take similar steps to the topic starter on order to get my alarm back to working order. Or, would it be a more feasible option to buy a completely new alarm, if so any recommendations?

My car is a '89 corolla gti.

Thanks

James

Seeing as we are on the topic of alarms, I do not have the key fob for my Scorpion alarm; is it possible to buy another and take similar steps to the topic starter on order to get my alarm back to working order. Or, would it be a more feasible option to buy a completely new alarm, if so any recommendations?

My car is a '89 corolla gti.

Thanks

James

Sketchy i hate to say it but scorpion is no more,i too still have the port of entry alarm fitted,and i too would want another but we just cant.I work in a parts dept of a toyota dealer and ive tried my hardest but it just aint happening.

• 5 months later...

On the subject, I understand why people don't want to publicly put out info on programming fob's but is there really a shortage of Genuine Toyota mechanics on this forum. No one seems willing to share TSB info. Having driven Toyota's for the last 20+ years I have only ever booked 1 car in a a dealership....and you know what for...program a fob for my wife's Corolla! I may need to do this again as I now need a spare for a 95 Celica as my daughter has signed up!...anyone help..PM if you need to...willing to share my knowledge on LPG if it helps..