Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Halloween And All That C**p

Devil-ish

Hmmm well I'm on my own tonight cause Rich has buggered off to play pool....

Why the bejesus I should feel vulnerable I dont know.... and yet I still do because I know its not just the nice kiddies who'll be out tonight....  :unsure:

That's very true Em. When I got back I pulled the car into the drive and rushed indoors to get out of the way... and that was just from the 6 year olds knocking across the road! :lol:

I do feel sorry for pensioners this time of year though. Must be quite scary for them too.

One guy at work said he had two people knock at the weekend and one of them was old enough to shave!!

Yeah, that's understandable. I really feel for pensioners myself, all most of them want to do is just have a quiet life & Halloween gives all kids a reason to knock on peoples doors, a lot of them must feel very scared.

I usually leave it to my mum, she get's into it & jokes with the kids & pretends to be scared & all that so every1s happy but she's in Boston atm so I was feeling worried for my car if I didn't answer the door but luckily my sister phoned me as I was coming home & offered to cook me the 1st proper tea I've had in days so I went round to hers, she had some goody bags so all the kids were happy. I got back about 30 mins ago & no1s knocked so it looks live I've been spared.

Well we're currently sat in the dark just in case :thumbsup:

Luckily the rain is meaning most the brats are staying at home :lol:

sounds like some are getting old too. ;) :lol::yes::thumbsup:

Maybe the 'trick' option would find someone the new owner of a two month old baby?

Or he/she has 666 on their forehead? Poor little devil.

I bought two huge bags of sweets this year......................... and only had one lot of "Trick or Treaters" knock on the door.

So they were really lucky :thumbsup: They went away with pocketsfull of sweets :)

I'm against it. Essentially, it's blackmail and extortion: "Give me something or I'll menace you in some way". Odd that this has leached into our culture unchecked. I thought we had the principle of teaching our kids to earn their rewards.

Over here we don't have it. We have a spring version where young girls dress in old ladies' clothes (i.e. witches), knock on your door, chant a spell of good things for the year ahead and hand over a decorated willow twig in exchange for typically a chocolate egg after asking permission, though they probably know you at least by face). At least Christianity hasn't stolen that from us (since it's hijacked celebrations of the longest and shortest days, for example).

And now a message from my daughter (2.5):

bjhbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<