Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monster Toc Weekend (bit Long...)

TheNissanMan

Wow... What a weekend :D I think we could safely say there was something for everyone no matter what they wanted to do....

On Friday we had the Toyota Factory Tour. a great meet and some new names on the forum turning up and joining in the fun, I have to give a special shout to Nick who turned up in the Previa, I love to see car's that don't normally turn up to meets. As TOC is in place to cover all marques of Toyota it's nice to see some of the MPV's turn up as they are as much a part of the club as anyone else. Colin was another new member to turn up in the Castrol coloured Celica, another new member and a good turn out.

The Factory tour itself was superb, we saw the Corolla being built from scratch although the pressing and painting was covered on video rather than in the workshop...

Many a giggle was had with the Poke-Okies, all the machines in the factory sing a different song when they have a problem....

After the meet we fel into a local pub and recieved a surprised look when we asked if they had a table for 20 peeps, we managed it and all had a great meal and some great conversation before heading off in our seperate directions, another successful meet for TOC & LOC....

Sunday was JAP's, the sun came out and we had another good turn out from TOC & LOC, the regulars were there as well as some new faces, good to see Si in the Starlet Turbo, Bluebox (not bluebottle) in the Corolla T-Sport, System G in the White MR2 (thanks for letting me crash on the Saturday), Scot and father in the Supra Turbo and a few others from different clubs that came on out patch which was cool, LOC had a decent turn out as usual with Zee picking up the runners up prize in the Best Other Marques category after being told off for revving the engine in the show square...

It was great to finally meet AE111SR and Dawsey who were both poached by fensport for there stand and Dawsey pulling the biggest crowd when demonstrating the anti-lag system and sounding like a WW1 anti-aircraft Battery, I would have loved to have seen that machine on the road as in the lot it looked, and sounded like an absolute beast, 160mph outof a rolla can't be bad (especially when the 1/4 mile only take's 11 secs)...

A superb day which had only just begun.....

After the JAP's meet, myself, LOZ and Norkep decided to pay a visit to Stoke for another Sunday night cruise, I think manic would be the only way to describe it, maxed cars of all descriptions were hooning around festival park and haveing a giggle, some interesting cars and some top tooty was erverywhere, it's a shame it was so far away as I had to leave early to get home and would have liked to see it pick up later in the evening. I hada phone call from Loz at about 11pm when he was just leaving telling me of the evening he had which was rather interesting but will hope he pop's accross and posts his own info later....

800miles + on a weekend but still smiling....

Bargains of the weekend - 1 HKS filter for my induction kit at £21 and my matt black Vehmar helmet for a stunning £25 :D :D :D

ryan got to correct you its 11 secs 0-100 1/4 mile in 13.9 dont want to start another war like the 1/4 mile times thread :lol:

Just wanted to say "good to meet you" to the TOC and LOC members I met at JAPS - at last a chance to put some faces to names and a big thanks to Ryan for dragging me away from the Fensport pitch and doing the introductions.

Big news of the day for me was a freelance photographer from Japanese Performance mag approching Fensport wanting to do a piece on my supercharged Rolla in a couple of months time.....time to get the engine bay polished and sparkling. Any hints/tips on this will be gratefully - especially the stainless intercooler pipework.

It sounds stupid, but the best thing to use on Stainless Steel is Baby Oil...

Just put it on a cloth, wipe on, leave for 5-10 mins, then wipe off... it comes up sparkly, and stays pretty clean for a while...

Just put it on a cloth, wipe on, leave for 5-10 mins, then wipe off... it comes up sparkly, and stays pretty clean for a while...

Cheers Fidgits. The first problem is getting rid of the scrtaches etc before I get to the "Baby Oil" stage.

thank's I'll get some for the exhaust..... we'll that's the excuse I'll use in the shop :D :D :D

I have to put my apolgies in!!! :unsure:

I really didn't feel upto Sunday, had been up 28hr by 9am on Sunday and my body couldn't cope!! :(

Was asleep til 4pm, so was no pint in coming at that time :angry:

Well I'll just have to meet you all at JAE, if thats ok?

Nath :thumbsup:

Big news of the day for me was a freelance photographer from Japanese Performance mag approching Fensport wanting to do a piece on my supercharged Rolla in a couple of months time.....

Nice one mate!!

Bugger looks like ive missed out on all the mag stuff then :crybaby:

Cheers Fidgits. The first problem is getting rid of the scrtaches etc before I get to the "Baby Oil" stage.

Brasso! :thumbsup:

And ryan... the excuse is simple... hot date on friday.. need to make sure I'm prepared :D

Big news of the day for me was a freelance photographer from Japanese Performance mag approching Fensport wanting to do a piece on my supercharged Rolla in a couple of months time.....

Nice one mate!!

Bugger looks like ive missed out on all the mag stuff then :crybaby:

I'll tell them there's another one around and perhaps they could do the TWINS. Two cars that started life the same but are now different etc.

great one. glad some one got a mag feature out of it. cant wait till that issue comes out.

What can I say? !Removed! Rocked! B)

Ryan, thanks for the beers on Saturday night and for the quick convoy up to the park ;) It's always good to have another car on the road to keep things lively. Next time lets whip some more CRX butt! :lol:

It was really good meeting up with everyone there and putting faces to names :D

Sorry I had to leave so early, but I had to meet up with someone ( :wub::drool:) in Northampton.

Photo's will be posted this evening.

See you all at JAE :thumbsup:

What can I say? !Removed! Rocked! B)

Ryan, thanks for the beers on Saturday night and for the quick convoy up to the park ;) It's always good to have another car on the road to keep things lively. Next time lets whip some more CRX butt! :lol:

It was really good meeting up with everyone there and putting faces to names :D

Sorry I had to leave so early, but I had to meet up with someone ( :wub::drool:) in Northampton.

Photo's will be posted this evening.

See you all at JAE :thumbsup:

Always a pleasur, never a chore....

It was a fun drive up although some of the later overtaking was a bit :eek:

Still giggling in between the yawns..... need more sun :thumbsup:

like to say thanx to both the TOC and the LOC guys who turned up it was a great first meet and i plan to make many many more.!!!!!

great one. glad some one got a mag feature out of it. cant wait till that issue comes out.

Me neither :P :P :P

The only problem I had was on the journey back to Cardiff. There was an accident on the M5, about a mile north of the M50 turnoff, which closed both carriageways - The Southbound was closed for about an hour with me stuck in the middle lane :crybaby: :( :unsure: :ffs:

Was a good day sorry for being a bit late had a few too many the night before :rolleyes: . Nice to put a few faces to names again, hope the weather is like sunday for JAE now.

Simon :thumbsup:

Good to meet you too Sy - great taste in wheels as well :P

Superb weather once again for my second !Removed! event amongst all the other virgins!

Excellent turn out of Japanese cars including some amazing paint jobs and engine conversions.

Great to see the usual suspects aswell as some newbies - and nice to see some TOC folks turn up too. What happened to all you who had your names down?

All the Lexi entered the "Other Japanese Marque", and after a mild telling off for revving my engine in the arena (oops), I manged to bring home some silverwear for the club.......

Best Other Japanese Marque Runner Up!

Oh - and for those that have never seen my motor.....

JAPS_2003_Zee_s.jpg

Great laugh - BRING ON JAE!!!!!!!!

For those who didn't get to see my car on the Fensport pitch here's a pic of the completed conversion. It was only finished a week ago so haven't had much chance to polish and shine the new bits yet.

supercharger1.jpg

:D :D :D

Where are the pictures from this meet, always nice to have a reminder of the day?

Great pics Zee :thumbsup: and congratulations too! :D

Forums

News

Membership