Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Induction Advice!

westojh

Hello all!

I was thinking about fitting a K&N type induction kit to my 3S-GE MR2 mark 2. Have you any advice as to if you need to get your engine tuned to take into consideration the increased air flow?

I don't want to fit an induction kit if it will comprimise engine performance.

Cheers peeps!!

James

Engine doesn't need any tuning, all an induction kit does is replace the standard airbox/filter to give more noise and slightly less restriction. The ECU will automatically detect any increase in air flow and adjust the fuelling accordingly.

You should find it helps performance, although you need to make sure it's positioned away from the engine and as close to the open vent as possible otherwise warm air could be drawn in causing a sluggish response.

Engine doesn't need any tuning, all an induction kit does is replace the standard airbox/filter to give more noise and slightly less restriction. The ECU will automatically detect any increase in air flow and adjust the fuelling accordingly.

You should find it helps performance, although you need to make sure it's positioned away from the engine and as close to the open vent as possible otherwise warm air could be drawn in causing a sluggish response.

Thats good news! Will the ECU adjust accordingly even on my 1990 Rev 1 Mark 2?

James

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links