Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1987 Corolla Gt Twincam

JT

The time has come to move on. I've developed a craving for something french, so "ANJ" is now up for sale. This is the 2nd AE82 i've owned, and can honestly say it really must be one of the best left (and there are now less than 200 in the country!!)

I bought her about year ago off a fellow TOC member (Treuno) who also happens to work for Toyota! He bought the car as a wreck and did a virtual money no object job of bringing it back up to scratch. During the time he had it, it had:

Fully rebuilt late spec engine (7 ribbed strong block) new big end & main bearings, new rings, ported cylinder head and TRD competition h/gasket! JR air filter.

New genuine front wings/sunroof panel (and seal)

Resprayed front and rear bumpers, bonnet, boot-lid, side-skirts & all new w/arch trims all round

New radiator, water pump, thermostat, new complete clutch, new genuine Wiper Blades all round. (All genuine parts!)

Full 'C' service carried out by a Toyota dealership

Brand new discs and pads all round. Fully reconditioned rear callipers

4 Fully re-conditioned original wheels with 4 brand new Yokohama A539's, lowered 35mm on fensport springs

Since I've had it, it's had:

New clutch master cylinder

New petrol filler neck

New alternator (about 1 month ago)

New rear caliper

Full Stainless Steel Blueflame Exhaust

KYB Dampers

17" Arospeed RS GT Wheels on Toyos (available at extra cost)

Autoacoustics Rear Shelf (Original still intact)

Oil and filter change every 3k

New Track rod ends & laser alignment

Various other little details restored

...Probably more, but that's all I can think of

As for downsides, there is a small scuff on the n/s corner of the front bumper where someone caught it in a carpark :censor:

There is a hairline crack in the centre of the front bumper (my fault :crybaby: ) - easily repaired

There is a small bubble just above the o/s rear arch

Erm, that's it. Like I said, these are getting very rare now, so I'd like it to go to someone who will look after it - i'm not in any particular rush to sell. Here's some pics

corolla1.jpg

MLNA0011.jpg

109447358.jpg

96004549.jpg

109046475.jpg

Like i say, i want this to go to a good home! The mileage shows 115k, which looks to be right and it has 9 months MOT and tax till January

£1600

Contact me if you need any more details

looks well nice :drool: - you should have no probs selling that...!! (although you might regret it when you do - as i am after selling my ae86 a couple of hours ago :crybaby: )

Rash.

Hi,

Maybe interested. Any idea on the power output at present?

Just to confirm, engine has TVIS?

What gearbox? Does it have LSD?

Is the clutch stock?

How much would you sell the car with the 17s?

Mark

hi mark

I don't have any proper power figures for it. all i can tell you is, it's quicker than my last one, but not by a large amount. so i'd give a conservative estimate of around 130bhp (put it this way, me and my dad have just picked up my new car (306 GTI-6) and there was nothing in it until end of 3rd gear)

Yes, it has the TVIS head and AE92 bottom end (Treuno, who posts on here did the rebuild when he had it)

No LSD and yes the clutch is stock

I've already had an offer on the 17s, so it would have to be £2150. It does look really smart on them but in all honesty, it drives better on the stock rims

Hi,

Just a few more queries.

Why was the car initially wrecked?

what repairs have been carried out (other than the ones mentioned)?

What cams are u running? If its the engine that Trueno sold, then does it still have the Kent Cams? If so what spec (eg. duration and lift)?

What ECU you running?

Can you tell me how much the car weighs?

Any performance times (0-60, 1/4 mile)?

Has ithe engine been rebored (since it was rebuilt)? If so, by how much and what's the new capacity?

Does the block have oil squirters (you did say it was a later series bottom end)?

Any oil cooler?

Ta,

Mark

hi mark, don't think i'll be able to answer some of them, tbh :D

The car was abandonned because it was a bin. It needed new wings, welding to the rear sills, new sunroof panel. it had just been run into the ground, basically.

As far as i know, everything listed is everything that's been done

It's on standard cams and ecu. it must be a different engine you are thinking about

Weighs same as they all do, so about 950kg

Not been rebored

Oil squirters...lol, i honestly couldn't tell you. All i know is it's the later type bottom end, with the 7 "ribs" in the block as opposed to the 3 (if i remember rightly) that the early blue top 4a-ge's had.

I thought they had oil coolers as standard - if so, it has the standard one

Hope this helps :)

No way! Cant belive your selling my baby for a damn French 306, have you gone !Removed! mad man! I know the GTI-6's are fairly quick, but they just dont drive like a Jap car! No character or precesion! :P

Good luck with the sale dude, if it hasnt already sold that is!

BTW, it does have the late block with the extra oil squirters for the pistons! :D

Dont know what your on about Mark7, ive never owned a 4AGE with kent cams etc! Defo not me!

Hey rob

:ph34r: sorry :ph34r: :P

Nope, not gone yet. Think i might have to wait until after christmas tbh

One thing i will agree with - the driving position is way better on the 'rolla!! :D

although i must admit, i really will miss it. if i had the cash and the space, i'd keep it - the face on the driver of a lovely turquoise XR3i cabriolet today after he got well and truly shat on was enough to make me have 2nd thoughts :P

Have you still got your mum's old one (saw a pic of it a while back in banzai, or retro cars or somewhere)?

JT/Trueno - I did a search for more infor on the engine but got andy_twincams engine confused with yours. Anyways, glad to hear it has the oil squirters.

JT - Good luck with the sale all the same, it definately looks like a tidy example!

Trueno - Why didn't you try to source the later head as well since those engines come out with more hp stock anyways?

Mark

Hey rob

:ph34r: sorry :ph34r:  :P

Nope, not gone yet. Think i might have to wait until after christmas tbh

One thing i will agree with - the driving position is way better on the 'rolla!!  :D

although i must admit, i really will miss it. if i had the cash and the space, i'd keep it - the face on the driver of a lovely turquoise XR3i cabriolet today after he got well and truly shat on was enough to make me have 2nd thoughts  :P

Have you still got your mum's old one (saw a pic of it a while back in banzai, or retro cars or somewhere)?

JT/Trueno - I did a search for more infor on the engine but got andy_twincams engine confused with yours. Anyways, glad to hear it has the oil squirters.

JT - Good luck with the sale all the same, it definately looks like a tidy example!

Trueno - Why didn't you try to source the later head as well since those engines come out with more hp stock anyways?

Mark

JT, the AE82 is a better car all round! You know you will regret it after you sell it!

Yeah still drive my mums old AE82, handles like *****, but still goes well, plus now its a famous car, got in 4 magazines after Jap fest this year! haha :P

Mark7: The reason i didnt put the AE92 head on it was because to run the non tvis head you would have to change the ECU/wiring loom etc etc, and thats too much hassle only to get an extra 7bhp!

So instead, i ported the T-VIS head and put a induction kit on it (and now it has a stainless system on it) so its probably pushing out more power than the non t-vis engine now anyway! :D ;)

• 2 weeks later...
***SOLD***

On its way over to Ireland as we speak  :crybaby:

Finally sold it then, bet you glad really tho, means you can start using you new motor! :thumbsup:

I'll be on the lookout for you round Warrington!

lol, yeah there is that.

i was still gutted when it drove off though. i'd give it a full t-cut and wax, so it looked sh*t hot, and i know i'll really never will find one as good.

Still, Peugeot here i come

• 2 years later...
lol, yeah there is that.

i was still gutted when it drove off though. i'd give it a full t-cut and wax, so it looked sh*t hot, and i know i'll really never will find one as good.

Still, Peugeot here i come

Did you sell the alloys? r they 4 r 5 stud?

• 13 years later...

The OP's post of 14th December 2005 stated it had been sold.