Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Judder

Roly

Anybody suffering from clutch juddering on a 2002 model? Only seems to happen when the car is cold, but is this the start of worse news? Only done 32k. Any help appreciated.

2002 MODEL WHAT?

If it is under 3 yrs old it is warranty! take it to your dealer, they will sort it.

regards

nigel

Corolla T3.

Still with a warranty so no probs taking it back, but by the time I get it to the garage the problem has gone and the mechanic says can't find anything wrong. Is it best to keep an eye on the situation or better to press harder for further investigation from the garage? I appreciate they don't wish to take the clutch to pieces yet but I don't want a problem to appear after the warranty!!

so it only dose it when its cold ie first thing in the morning??

if thats the case just leave it with them over night so they can

try it on the morning i will ask the techs at my work see if they

have came across this b4

I get this on my '93 GXI, only when cold for the first few starts, my Dad is a technician at Toyota and his Carina II used to do it too, he said it was normal, nothing to worry about...

It maybe different on the newer stuff, so if your under warranty no harm in getting it checked out :thumbsup:

Thanks for advice, will keep an eye on it and if it gets worse will take it back - warranty runs out in March so got plenty of time yet!

hey Roly

please dont leave it any longer you dont have plenty of time,if they mess you around,you then need to complaint etc..... next thing you know you are out of warrenty i get it fixed Now!.

If it's the clutch pedal feeling ads if it's shaking might be worth checking the Slave Cylinder, happened on my 5 not so long ago....

Yep mine does it too :wacko:

Ive done 77k now, my previous GXI had it from about 50k until 120k when i exchanged it for my G6R

Its in damp cold starts i find more.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links