Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4a-gze

Jones~32

Hi,

If anyone has a 4a-gze in their Rolla, could you let me have a rough idea of what MPG your getting? i know its not the sort of engine you get for economy, but im just curious :bookworm:

Cheers :thumbsup:

Mike

well i know mine's not supercharged, but i get 30-32mpg on average. can't really see a "ZE" being too different (unless you clog it everywhere :D )

well i know mine's not supercharged, but i get 30-32mpg on average. can't really see a "ZE" being too different (unless you clog it everywhere  :D )

cheers...thats more than i get from my 7afe!! i'm only getting 29mpg average :eek: think i need to drive slower :lol:

I'm expecting the supercharger to drink a fair bit more juice :D

Depends entirely on the way you drive. My daily journey to work is 13 miles each way and about half of that is through built up areas with lots of stop/start driving and a maximum 40 MPH limit. The other half is more open road but still only 50 MPH limit. Driving sensibly and NOT booting it everywhere (too many speed cameras on my route) I average 240 miles between fill ups of about 8 to 8.5 gallons say 30mpg. On long runs that can easily go up to 38 mpg. I can be cruising at 70mph on the motorway and the charger is just idling - not producing any boost.

This is almost exactly the same as I got when I had the 4a-fe engine in the Rolla.

Like I said - just depends how you drive it.

Depends entirely on the way you drive.  My daily journey to work is 13 miles each way and about half of that is through built up areas with lots of stop/start driving and a maximum 40 MPH limit.  The other half is more open road but still only 50 MPH limit.  Driving sensibly and NOT booting it everywhere (too many speed cameras on my route) I average 240 miles between fill ups of about 8 to 8.5 gallons say 30mpg.  On long runs that can easily go up to 38 mpg.  I can be cruising at 70mph on the motorway and the charger is just idling - not producing any boost.

This is almost exactly the same as I got when I had the 4a-fe engine in the Rolla.

Thanks for that :thumbsup:

Suprised how good it can be on fuel :yes:

doubt id see anywhere near that tho, too heavy with the right foot :D

Mike

I get 225 Miles out of mine  :thumbsup:

and 150 miles out of a tank when I went to germany  :lol:  :lol:

so 150 miles to a tank, about 16-17 mpg?

thats the sort of figures i was expecting :)

I get 225 Miles out of mine  :thumbsup:

and 150 miles out of a tank when I went to germany  :lol:  :lol:

so 150 miles to a tank, about 16-17 mpg?

thats the sort of figures i was expecting :)

it's fine day to day but if you get it on a motorway and put your foot down as soon as the charger engages about 70 ish mph 3050rpm I think then she drinks the fule :lol::lol: and I mean DRINK :o :lol::lol:

it's fine day to day but if you get it on a motorway and put your foot down as soon as the charger engages about 70 ish mph 3050rpm  I think then she drinks the fule  :lol:  :lol: and I mean DRINK  :o  :lol:  :lol:

:lol::lol: Making me want one more and more!!

The fuel consumption isnt really concerning me now, its trying to get the thing fitted in my car :wacko: Got a feeling its gonna cost me a hell of a lot :!Removed!:

Want to make sure i can get it fitted before i pay out for the engine :yes:

Depends entirely on the way you drive.  My daily journey to work is 13 miles each way and about half of that is through built up areas with lots of stop/start driving and a maximum 40 MPH limit.  The other half is more open road but still only 50 MPH limit.  Driving sensibly and NOT booting it everywhere (too many speed cameras on my route) I average 240 miles between fill ups of about 8 to 8.5 gallons say 30mpg.  On long runs that can easily go up to 38 mpg.  I can be cruising at 70mph on the motorway and the charger is just idling - not producing any boost.

Cool once my conversion is done I might get better MPG out of the car. Well as long as I take my foot off of the floor :P

and just for comparison on my old silvertop 20v I used to get 150 miles to a tank no matter how I drove it!!

and just for comparison on my old silvertop 20v I used to get 150 miles to a tank no matter how I drove it!!

:eek: dont think i could afford to run it if it only got 150 miles every tank :eek:

I get about 28mpg with a mix of motorway and city driving. I give it the occassional thrash too and my GZE sports a 14lb pulley kit :D The engines can be very economical when you want them to be but have the power to back it up if you need it... I love them. Much better than my GT-Four which did about 17mpg under similar conditions and it was standard!

I get 180 off 30 quid so what will I be gettin mpg wise I wonder? ;)

I work that as roughly 25 mpg :wacko:

I get about 28mpg with a mix of motorway and city driving. I give it the occassional thrash too and my GZE sports a 14lb pulley kit  The engines can be very economical when you want them to be but have the power to back it up if you need it... I love them. Much better than my GT-Four which did about 17mpg under similar conditions and it was standard!

Thanks :thumbsup: pleasantly suprised how good the mpg can be :yes: