Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris D4d Overheat ?

deagle

So, here is an unusual one...

Sitting on the M25 at 7:30 last night after doing nearly 2hrs of the stop, drive 5 yards, stop routine that now seems to be so popular on the London orbital.

Put my foot down and no response - felt like the turbo had packed up. The usual 2500 rpm rush was gone but it rev'd up to 4000. Went on another few miles in heavy traffic. Then I can't get it to rev past 2000rpm, then 1500.

Limped my way past the M1 turnoff when the road cleared. So, I tried to build speed with what revs I had to get to a service area. After a few minutes of being honked and flashed, the engine suddently starts responding again and perks back into life. Has been fine since.

No temp warning lights - though they seem to light on the ignition pre-check. I'm thinking it must be overheating ? Wondering whether the ECU would be able to switch off the turbo in these circumstances...

Deag

Doesn't sound like overheating.

Either crap in the fuel, or ECU trying to figure out correct injection of fuel.

Was the engine temp light on?

Doesn't sound like overheating.

Either crap in the fuel, or ECU trying to figure out correct injection of fuel.

Was the engine temp light on?

No warning lights on.

Crap in the fuel is possible - filled up the tank around 300 miles earlier at a Murco station... the rest of the tank (190 miles worth) burn't through fine !

Ive had odd sessions like this - not with my yaris, but in the past with other cars - you can get pretty cheap fuel system cleaners for both petrol and diesel engines.

The good news is that the problem happens very very occasionally - Im talking about once in say 50k!

I've had the same on my bike once.

Crappy fuel, but that's what you get from Tesco.

Ran some Red-Ex (?) through it, and not had the problem since.

A few thoughts;

What state is your fuel filter in?

Were you up close behind the car in front thus not allowing your car any cold air?

Dave

D-4D with 95hp tuning box

How old's your car deagle and what mileage has it done?

The others have probably got more idea in the diagnosis, but it does sound like some form of fuel starvation to me. So, er, what they said ^^^

Hope is sorted soon - let us know what happens :thumbsup:

A

How old's your car deagle and what mileage has it done?

The others have probably got more idea in the diagnosis, but it does sound like some form of fuel starvation to me. So, er, what they said ^^^

Hope is sorted soon - let us know what happens :thumbsup:

A

My car is 29 months old @24K Miles with full toyota service history. Has been fine ever since. Not so close to the car in front to get no air - but it was raining and hence humid.

A friend at work had a similar problem with a Renault which he put down to ECU getting confused ?

Deag

Hmm... Still quite new then...

Yeah, a crash of the ECU's possible I suppose. One of my Dad's cars once managed to crash its "gearbox computer". We let it reset itself and it was fine forever after. Weird.

Hope it stays good

A