Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloys On My Car?

srd

howdy everbody :P

if you look at the picture you'll see the wheels on my car,there only 15's on 195's,but with her lowered 35mm,i personaly believe that that is the best size and settings for,

A:handeling.

B:accelaration.

on smaller car's like this one :D

but i've also got another set of these alloys,same make and model,but there the same colour :angry:

so i was thinking of getting them sprayed maybe gold or gun metal greyish,and throwing a set of some what bald tires on um for slicks :D

you know for weekend track fun,so what do y'all think on colour's/idea altogether :thumbsup:

post-3-1057001110.jpg

They really suit the car mate, not to big as some people do so make it look very well balanced.... :thumbsup:

They really suit the car mate, not to big as some people do so make it look very well balanced....  :thumbsup:

cheers bud!!!!! :D

but what i'd like is just peoples opions on what colour i should get the second set sprayed or is the whole slick's idea just a bit daft :P

it's only a bit of fun,not a serious project,just wanna know what other members think,or what they would do :lol::lol:

If it's just for track days on slicks keep em as they are,no point in spending more cash just to show off afterwards.

I would have no second thoughts about putting back on my 15"steel rims for a track day.

Times and position matter not bling,bling :thumbsup:

Exactly, if it's for track use I would get proper slicks rather than spending money on the alloy's, if your on about bald road tyre's don't bother the consistency is not the same and you'll ruin the handling/acceleration anyway....

I'm talking with a friend whose just kept his 15's for the 2 and trying to get him to hold on to them till i have the cash so I can put proper slicks on them for track days :)

Who cares what they lok like when your sticking to the tarmac like stink :)

good points from both of you :thumbsup:

but i don't care about the "bling-bing" factor,and i would'nt be spending to much coin on the spray job,i.e. few cans of spray paint would be fine :lol::lol:

seriously it's the fact that both sets of alloys are identical is just boring............

but i totaly agree with rhaines,slicks would be the way to go,i'd love to know how it feels,to just heat those puppys up until melting point,then let her rip,i'd say the grip would be frighting :arrgg-matey:

but like i said before it's not a serious project,it's only an idea that i've been thinking about,every time i look at the second set in the shed,i say to myself "gotta do something with them some day" <_<

again it's only a bit of fun,so members if you had a choice what would you do????? :P

i think it looks tops mate...

Those wheels with Bridgestone´s RE540 S would be nice.

the one's that are on it at the moment are firestone firehawks sz40's.is'nt firestone the american version of Bridgestone????? :blink:

yep, deffo like the wheels - really suit the car (what are they btw)

if i were you, and wanted to change the colour, i'd go for gold. my dad had a black impreza a few years back, which came over with anthracite wheels on it. he managed to track down some proper STi gold jobbies, and they transformed the car. gold on black always goes well :thumbsup:

yep, deffo like the wheels - really suit the car (what are they btw)

if i were you, and wanted to change the colour, i'd go for gold. my dad had a black impreza a few years back, which came over with anthracite wheels on it. he managed to track down some proper STi gold jobbies, and they transformed the car. gold on black always goes well :thumbsup:

thanx jt & oli :thumbsup:

there mak "sting" alloys :P

close up in attachment of um,gold might be good alright,you see the set on the car are in mint condition,but the other set are curbed to death so if it's just for muckin about cheap spray is all they'll be gettin...... :lol::lol:

post-3-1057067127.jpg

Spray the spokes black and polish the rim :P :P

Sy

good call sy :thumbsup:

you've given me another idea,gold spokes black rim could be another option,or gun metal grey spokes polished rim could be interesting :wacko:

anymore ideas anyone????

Sell the other set, use the money to buy some steely's with slick boots... :thumbsup:

Spray the spokes black and polish the rim  :P  :P

Sy

good call sy :thumbsup:

you've given me another idea,gold spokes black rim could be another option,or gun metal grey spokes polished rim could be interesting :wacko:

anymore ideas anyone????

:thumbsup: Think thats what i'm going to do with the advan racing 3 spokes i've got

Sy :P

Sell the other set, use the money to buy some steely's with slick boots... :thumbsup:

great idea :thumbsup:

unfortunately two of the set are just curbed to death :angry:

don't think anyone would be interested in them,so a cheapy spray and spend the coin on slicks would probably be my only opition :D

so sy you're doing the advans black spokes polished rims yeah?

they should come up a treat :thumbsup:

just enlarge the image to see some of the damage i was on about,could'nt sell that to anyone :lol::lol::lol:

post-3-1057080158.jpg

:!Removed!: OUCH! i'd have a go at sorting that out mate like you said there's nothing to loose really.....

Yeah think thats how i'm going to get them done :wacko:

Sy

i see you have 17" on your glanza sy,so what size are the advans and what type of rubber are you going to put on them? B)

also anymore suggestions on what i could do anyone? :huh:

The advans are 15's mate i want these for track days, 1/4 miles, dyno runs, and going out when i wanna upset some of the big boys (on a private road of course :P :P ) I'm not sure what rubber i will put on them yet maybe yokie 539's but i've been given a good price on a different tread pattern to that :)

By the way did you know you can get the clear front indicators from toyota it makes the car look soooo much better mate they are on a special edition starlet in the uk so it's dead easy to get and being genuine parts they fit perfectly :thumbsup: costs just over 50 quid for the pair i think.

Oh have you got MSN messenger if you have add me mate starletsy@hotmail.com :group-cuddles:

Sy

first off i don't have msn,each time i go to download it something goes wrong,but when i do i'll let you know :lol:

as for the indicators yeah i've thought about getting them,but im in no rush for them,theres a motor factors down the road from my house and i get a good discount off the guy who owns it :thumbsup: last time i asked him about um he took one out,showed me and said i could have um for 20 euros each,but i was there getting valvoline semi and a filter that day and i had to go to get them changed straight away,so i have'nt gone down since,next time i blow a bulb or something i might get them :lol:

Hi,

No, Bridgestones Re540 are street legal "competition" tires.

Check em out at Bridgestone website.

Regards

alright bud.......... :thumbsup:

what i ment was the brand name,not the type of tyre :lol:

like walls icecream in the uk is called hb here in ireland,same crowd different name for different markets :D

hmmmmm............icecream :P :P :P