Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear End Squeak/rattle On T Sport!

gill57

Hi guys <_<

Mr. T had my Yaris 03 T Sport yesterday for a squeaky noise at the rear, it sounds like a suspension/spring noise. Any way I took it in and Mr T only went and replaced my front discs and pads saying that they were causing the noise (warranty covered). No mention of the squeak from the REAR. By the time I got to pick it up all the mechanics had knocked off for the weekend. I brought it home and hey presto the B y squeak/rattle is still there.

Any ideas as to what you peeps might think it is so I can tell Mr T their job.

Thanks in advance

Gill :(

hey m8, iv got that problems to, i happens wen i go over humps n i can hear the rear end squeeking bt i dnt no the prob either, tryna find out. Ne1 gt ne ideas?

Possibly dry rear spring mountings?................but I am sure that one of our"Experts" will be along soon to help you :thumbsup:

I've been thinking about this one :wacko:

It was once posted on here about the hatchback lock causing a squeaking/creaking sound when the latch mechanism needed greasing.

You could try a search for this :thumbsup: (Clarky had the problem)

Edited by Red Yaris 54

Grease the locking mechanism on your hatch... that's one of the causes.

Another could be something moving around in the spare-wheel area... make sure anything in there is fastened down well.

Another could be the rear seats... slide it around a bit, make sure it's well greased.

Another is the seat-belt mechanism, try wiggling that around a bit, see if it's that.

Those are one's that are all in-cabin and easy to fix, the next few require you to get more active with your mechanicals....

Get under the car, make sure the exhaust mounts are all ok, make sure the heat sheild around it isn't hitting anything, if it is, just bend it outta the way.

Check your rear discs, make sure there are no stones stuck in the guard or anything

Wobble your suspension up and down, see if it squeeks... jack the car up and wiggle the wheel as much as poss, see if there's anything squeeking there... if so, use appropriate grease or tell Mr.T you've found the problem and ask them to fix it!

You may have guessed i don't like squeeks and rattles... gotta eliminate them!!

spoke to my local garage bout it wen had service and he said it was the rubber boot seal rubbing. another guy said just need back suspension lubed???? very blagged!

My t sport does the same. I first noticed it on my way out my gym car park. Its on an 05 plate and starting doing it not long into having it.

REAR HATCH HINGES NEED GREASING, LOTS OF GREASE,

just WD40 all the moving hinges you can see, mine disappeared after that

ermm....... i never have any great amount of grease on the hinges.

My the first yaris i mean, which i've had for 5 years. I use engine cleaner on them sometimes if they get to dirty. Never had the squeaks in the car.

My tsport squeaks started almost straight from new.

I was told by my dealers that the braces on Yaris doors are made of kevlar which is why you don't see much, if any, grease on them.

I also couldn't find much grease on any actual hinges.

When my hatch started squeaking, Mr T adopted the usual "replace bits, the car's under warranty" approach and fitted new struts and locking mechanism.

Thread is here

Hi guys  <_<

Mr. T had my Yaris 03 T Sport yesterday for a squeaky noise at the rear, it sounds like a suspension/spring noise. Any way I took it in and Mr T only went and replaced my front discs and pads saying that they were causing the noise (warranty covered). No mention of the squeak from the REAR. By the time I got to pick it up all the mechanics had knocked off for the weekend. I brought it home and hey presto the B  y squeak/rattle is still there.

Thanks in advance

Gill  :(

Oh that sounds so familiar!, Mine was a "cover" at the back of the front brake discs (apparently) that had disloged itself and at full lock it made a banging noise. I also took it to MR T and they replaced both my front Discs saying that was the cause of the problem, only to find that when they took it out it still made the exact noise

...... and yes i did have to pay for those new brakes that didnt need doing, and also MR T has had 2 written letters from myself full of complaints about Pinkstones (local dealer) and i have now recieved a £100 voucher off my next repair/service.

check any covers over pipes etc, that may be ur source of the problem

so sum WD40 shud do the job then?? i dnt need ne special grease or owt do i? thanx ppl!!  :D

yep, WD40 use GT40 if you can, its better stuff, was a trials rider a few years ago and never used wd40 cos it plastered the bike in so much junk after, and gt40 works better. :thumbsup:

I put my hand around the handle of the boot at give it a wiggle to today and i heard a squeak! So i have two. That and my rear bumber. :crybaby:

Hey Guys, This squeak seems to be pretty common. I have sorted it myself (or should I say my hubby has), he put grease on the boot lock and put the car on his 2 post lift then sprayed the springs (I think, I wasn't there at the time) with duck oil, he said there was a small amount of rust at the bottom of them. So now I am squeak free, thank god, they are so annoying aren't they?

Thanks for all the posts.

Gill57 :D :D :D

Hey Guys, This squeak seems to be pretty common. I have sorted it myself (or should I say my hubby has), he put grease on the boot lock and put the car on his 2 post lift then sprayed the springs (I think, I wasn't there at the time) with duck oil, he said there was a small amount of rust at the bottom of them. So now I am squeak free, thank god, they are so annoying aren't they?

Thanks for all the posts.

Gill57 :D  :D  :D

Hmm i get this too, i have pi 40mm springs on squeek just comes from the back, do i spray wd40 on the piston bit of the supension, or the springs?, im getting confused.

Im sure the sound is just from the springs, i like a creek sound.

cheers

Hi guys  <_<

Mr. T had my Yaris 03 T Sport yesterday for a squeaky noise at the rear, it sounds like a suspension/spring noise. Any way I took it in and Mr T only went and replaced my front discs and pads saying that they were causing the noise (warranty covered). No mention of the squeak from the REAR. By the time I got to pick it up all the mechanics had knocked off for the weekend. I brought it home and hey presto the B  y squeak/rattle is still there.

Thanks in advance

Gill  :(

I had the same problem too, listen how can I fixed it.. opened the back door and tell a mechanic to pay attention (he can to seat on the rear) in this time I was driving around (the back door is open) but nothing estrange appear, then I closed the door and driving, in fact the mechanic said that the hatchback lock had a little sound. That’s one way to find a problem.

Lucky….!!

:ph34r:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links