Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Me! I'm New With A Question!

Neil Clark

Have just got my first MR2, 92 uk model. When unlockin the car the central lockin works on both doors (opens both doors whichever side you use) but when lockin only the side that the keys in will lock (have tried both doors with this). Any ideas please???

Neil

I apologise if Im teaching you to suck egggs but have you tried keeping the key held forward for longer, it sometimes takes a while for the locking mechanism to click in with the key in there, I used to get caught out by that when I got my first MR2....

If the holding key longer trick doesn't work, there could be something wrong with the actuator which closes the lock on the passenger side. You would be best taking the door panel off, and checking for any loose wires etc. If it still doesn't work, you may need a new/secondhand unit for the passenger side. Try a scrappie, or club MR2 on 0845 458 2108. They should have the part you require for little money.

If it's the actuator try Toyota Celica Breakers there superb on price and give a warranty on parts and can't be beat for service....

NUmbers on the forum somewhere or google search brings them straight up :D

Still no good :(

A blokes fittin a CAT1 on Thursday so maybe this will fix it???

Neil

It might, though I'd doubt it since the alarm will almost certainly wire into the existing lock system. If it is a loose wire or faulty actuator, it still won't work. You'll need to get this fixed otherwise the car won't lock on the passenger side when the alarm is armed. You really shouldn't have to pay much for the part second hand, I'd say around a tenner at most.

Thanxs for replies, will see what thursday brings and if its still playin up will start replacing bits, its just like havin a FORD again lol :wacko:

Neil

Thanxs for replies, will see what thursday brings and if its still playin up will start replacing bits, its just like havin a FORD again lol :wacko:

Neil

Not quite, Toyota's you only have to replace it once...

"Not quite, Toyota's you only have to replace it once... "

As often as that? :)

Guest Calum

I don't know about your car, but sometimes theres a switch on the end of the door near the mechanism that switches the central locking on and off.

See if it has one.