Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4ws Probs....i Know...i Know!

Gedrick

I know what all you guys say about the 4ws system, but what I want to know is where are the tanks that all you guys go on about making sure they have enough fluid in etc.

And also, if I find them, what do I use to top them up?????

I have the gen 5 gtr, if it makes any differnece

Ta Gedders

this may help . i'm not knowlegeable on the 4ws system.

Toyota4wspage1.gif

Toyota4wspage2.gif

"At speeds lower than 45 kmh the rear wheels are steered in the opposite direction to the front wheels. At speeds higher than 45 kmh the rear wheels are steered in the same direction as the front wheels."

So what happens if you accelerate past 45 kmh whilst going round a corner? :unsure::huh: Must be quite entertaining...

Ok, another thick question, probably, but how do I read, and sort out what the fault code is when I bridge the two connections.

Or would it be better and go and see Mr T, but this is gonna be the expensive bit!!!! :censor:

after you join TC and E1 your engine check light will flash so many times and then pause then flash again ,giving you a 2 digit fault code .i gave you the fault codes and what to diagnose above,at times its as simple as a blown fuse or a faulty relay ,so it may work out a cheap fix.

Heres one for you then GT4 BOOSTER, the code that is coming up is 32, I've checked it twice, and it is definatly the right code, but the list doesnt have that one listed!!!!!!! :censor:

Any ideas????? <_<

Just found this for the code 32 on another website saying

code 32: Open circuit in E2 or short circuit between VC and VS :blink:

What in gods name does that mean????

nothing to do with the 4ws mate , thats another fault on your motor afraid. code 32 is fault in 1. Air flow meter circuit

2. Air flow meter

3. ECU

areas.

is it possible that the 4ws light is the ecu light which flashes the error codes and that the 4ws is ok.???

anyone ? :huh:

I expect the 'check engine light' (CEL) only displays engine faults as it is only wired to the ECU. The 4WS system will have it's own ECU, and it's error codes are indicated by the 4WS light.

Basically, the 4WS light will only flash 4WS faults. Code 32 is "back up motor" fault. Here are the last 2 pages of the document: :thumbsup:

Toyota4wspage3.gif

Toyota4wspage4.gif

I also have the wiring diagram, but it's too big to post here.

that answers that then , well done mike.i had those pages too , :lol: just didnt look hard enough :ffs:

Bugger me you guys are good, :thumbsup: B) where do you get all this stuff from, I've been trawling the net for hours, but not come up with anything!!!!!

Bugger me you guys are good,  :thumbsup:  B) where do you get all this stuff from, I've been trawling the net for hours, but not come up with anything!!!!!

I 'stole' it from a yahoo forum called "celica-4ws". :ph34r: It was one of the first pages that came up when I googled it.