Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fensport Rolla On 5th Gear Monday Nyt

urotsukidoji_badassdemon

Hey guys and gals, did anyone watch Fifth Gear tonight (Monday) at 8pm? They were trying to do a 200mph project car using a Lotus Esprit. They got some people to the strip to show it could be done. Fensport's Rolla was 1st up, got to about 160 or 170, and the gearbox blew up!! And they say Corolla's were voted least called out cars by the AA!! HA.

The programme repeats Tuesday night at 23:55 pm, CH5.

I didnt actually know about corollas being the most reliable cars in UK so thanks for that very interesting FACT, how very kind of you to do some research for us :D, good lad!! if you get any more then let us know yeah liddle buddy :)

oh yeah and i got a vid of that corolla racing 3 CHAV motors and a gt4, a NOVA twin engined Suitcase looking Trashcan on around 500bhp, Astra Turbo 300bhp, corsa 2.0L Turbo with HIGH mods and the Fensport Celica GT4, it Beat the celica and THRASHED the rest, and then raced an Aston, and left it for almost 1/3 the distance over i think it was a 1/2 mile

but yeah once again thanks for your BIG-UP of Corollas (the best selling car EVER, FACT!)

Yeah, i read it ages ago, that the Toyota Corolla was the LEAST called out car in a survey conducted by the major break/recovery companies, i.e AA, RAC, Green Flag. Therefore making it the most reliable, thats why most are driven by old people. Rolla's and Hando Vicci's. <<< can YOU guess what this says? :D

Now now ladies - calm it down or this thread disappears.

And they say Corolla's were voted least called out cars by the AA!! HA.

I am not a corrolla owner - and honestly couldnt care less what other people think of the car.

But I have to call you out on the complete and utter bull issuing forth from your keyboard.

1. This is ONE car. A sample of one is not a representative or comprehensive sample over which to draw ANY conclusions.

2. The Fensport car is highly modified. You cannot draw any conclusions as to the reliability of a range of cars, based not only on a sample of ONE car - but on a car that has been modified so much by people other than the manufacturer.

3. The car was trying to make a 200mph run. Have you any idea at all of the stresses this places on a cars components. 200 mph is considerably faster than anyone at Toyota ever thought a Corrolla would be driven.

This is the only warning I'm gonna give you. You want to troll forums - troll somewhere else. I see you pull **** like this again on here, and I'll remove you permanently. :thumbsup:

do chill out mr Mcnally, no one was trying to sell Crack or Pimp out Ho's

just a few simple statements and opinions ( you know what forums are ment for )

do chill out mr Mcnally, no one was trying to sell Crack or Pimp out Ho's

just a few simple statements and opinions ( you know what forums are ment for )

its called trolling - google for it.

deliberately posting to in inflamatory statements to try and cause arguments.

and it has no home here

Deep breath everybody... and relax! :lol:

I've seen this Corolla at the Pod and it is really impressively fast, a very nice piece of engineering. Unfortunately they also had a breakage on one of the runs, but I guess most of the 4wd transmission is pretty close to the limit running that kind of power.

Bummer that they didn't make the 200mph barrier on Fifth Gear, because the car has done it before.

I've set the video :thumbsup:

Paul.

Yeah - to say that this car is in any way representative of a normal Corolla is complete bull. To begin with, it even had 4wd, so I doubt that the gearbox was in any way stock.

What I did find funny though was that, bar the odd discrete sticker and tiny spoiler, from the outside it looked exactly the same as mine! So maybe I'll get a little more respect than my car deserves next time I pull up at some lights....

David.

of course it's not a fair competition or comparison, but that it what people want to see on these kind of t.v programs,

top gear - example, Jump jet harrier "V" Lotus exeig or how ever its' spelt what a stupid thing to do.

they just forund the most rediculas example of each car

and made the program. for entertainment and comic value

Corollas are very much still ranked highly for its reliability, the one on 5th gear shouldnt be counted towards it as its modified OTT! Fensport still deserves respect for reaching those speeds in a corolla!

on one point. the gearbox in the car is the same as fitted to a ST-185 CS/RC. it has had some work done to the internals but the box was only designed for 200 bhp not 650+ so its doing pretty well. i had heard adrian was having a custom dog box made with sequential option, it was thought it was going to cost around £40,000 though.

this rolla only really shares the Shell with the original car though it has been extensivly lightend and has a complete GT4 running gear not the puny 4wd auto setup it left the factory with.

yup just watched it. dam it did not do 200mph if it did i might i trid it out in my car lol lol after lots of money useds up lol

fensport corolla is properly the fastest corolla in the world,so what if it break down is not like he's going for a sunday afternoon drive and break down,the guy is trying to reach 200mph!!!!!!.i cant see anyone on here will ever have a corolla as fast as that fensport corolla. show some respect to the guy he deserve it.

Respect goes to the driver of that Sierra Sapphire - doing 200mph with one hand on the wheel as the car looks like it's shaking to bits ...

BIG KAHUNAS!!! :eek:

fensport corolla is properly the fastest corolla in the world,so what if it break down is not like he's going for a sunday afternoon drive and break down,the guy is trying to reach 200mph!!!!!!.i cant see anyone on here  will ever have a corolla as fast as that fensport corolla. show some respect to the guy he deserve it.

i did see another car fast like this some guy in jap. same model let me see if i can find it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links