Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steamy Windows!

Bootygrabber

:censor:

Right, i seem to be the only person in the world with steamy windows just now...i look about and everyone has crystal clear windows....

However, when im driving about and without the aircon on (to save petrol) the windows steam up :(

Does this happen to any1 else or is it just my car? any idea's why it keeps doing it?

Cheers

Martin

Have you got any water leeks, check you boot and foot wells for damp, thats a classic with the older cars, if not use air con... its what is there for!

Either a water leak or a leaking heater matrix (you would smell antifreeze). Once the back window gets really badly steamed up it can take hours of driving with the windows down to clear it. Best bet is to sponge it off (carefully, the heater elements are easily damaged).

Also clean your windows with windolene as this seems to help prevent condensation forming. Do not be tempted to wipe them clear with you hand once they have steamed up, it just ends up leaving greasy smears that will never clear by themselves.

i saw a tip once on tv , to stop a mirror steaming up in the bathroom, they rubbed washing up liquid over the glass - seemed to work too.

alot of mist inside comes from damp car mats imho.

I will check for damp....maybe i have it on circulating air, sure i did for some reason <_< cant smell anything different so think it mite be the circulating air but will check anyways

Cheers guys :)

I have the same problem with my ST at the moment once driving the front and rear clear but the side windows just keep on steamining up. I think it might have something to with the door design and the rubber that the glass sits against mine do not leak but i get a fair bit of wind noise from them sometimes. So i guees thats what is causing them to steam up.

its alot to do with us people being hotter than the cars interior , breath etc , all celicas have this problem , you are not alone

This is why I was getting my air con fixed beacuse of the windows steaming up but I will try the re-circulating air button thingy and see what that does. :thumbsup:

I've found the best thing is keeping it in the garage if thats an option. If its left out when its cold, so much condensation collects that it takes ages to clear, but left in the garage overnight, there's nothing at all condensation wise in the morning. Perhaps the next best thing would be a car cover?

its alot to do with us people being hotter than the cars interior , breath etc , all celicas have this problem , you are not alone

I don't mean to be an argumentitive sod - but... I don't get any problem with steam! I park outside on the road. I start the car and sometimes a little steam will gather but I just stick the fan on and it's gone within seconds

awww you might of argued for a while - come on !! :D go for an hours jog then get in the car and see what happens. ;) :D :D

i dont get much steam only the 2 rear quarter lights do when i carry a passenger and thats mostly due to certain weather conditions

I was starting to wonder if it was just the hot headed geordies!! :P

My Brother in law is a Geordie - I'm sure if he got in the car it would steam up :lol: ;)

On my way back from Bristol last month I had this problem once it got dark as colder then & found an easy solution. Lower the passenger window for about 20 seconds then close, repeat when necessary. It might not be the most comfortable thing if there is a passenger but it does the job.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links