Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Courtesy Car...

Gnome

Think I'm getting a Yaris colour collection.

Gonna be so gutted if it has all the electrics, as mine doesn't have them... :(

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gnome

• Demonic Angel

• DaveSR

• Blue84

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the Yaris CC has everything electric mate.... well not sure about wing mirrors - T-Spirit has leccy wing mirrors, so they might not be electric.

Is this an age thing then because I really dont want to pay a tenner for a courtesy car in December!

Nope, didn't have anything to do with my age (they don't know how old I am).

They said it's a £10 flat rate for dealership insurance, or you insure it yourself.

The 2nd option is there, because apparently some insurers offer so many days a year free under your current cover.

Elephant however, want to charge!

I've never had to pay it before you see - I'm wondering if this is something they have brought in.... I'll point blank refuse to pay it if they tell me I have to! :shutit:

Pay for a courtesy car - not in my day! :lol:

They didn't ask my age either ....... I guess it's something new and £10 is nothing really!

Plus I have a question to ask -

My car is going in for it's 50k intermediate service, is this a good enough check for the winter or do I need to ask for a winter service or just drop a hint?

They did mention a "new scheme," and like you Dem, I've never paid before.

Saying that, last time I took a car for a service that required a courtesy car, It was at a Nissan dealership over a year ago!

Lol.

I'll see if kicking up a fuss works.

Managed to blag free desert yesterday after having to wait over an hour for food.

Or perhaps it was Jerry's towering figure approaching the counter, suggesting if we could see the manager.... :D

I'll be kicking up a fuss if they say that to me - I wont be having it! Its bad enough having to pay for a service, let alone an extra tenner for something thats supposed to be a "courtesy" :rolleyes:

I'll be kicking up a fuss if they say that to me - I wont be having it! Its bad enough having to pay for a service, let alone an extra tenner for something thats supposed to be a "courtesy"  :rolleyes:

Just flutter your eyelashes ;) !

I'll try that Dave....

Seems a bit of a cheek though. It's only a tenner, but as Dem said, it's a "courtesy" car....

They make enough money as it is!

I'll find out on Thursday as to whether I will have to pay for a courtesy car or not.... the car is booked in to have the brakes looked at and there was no mention of a fee.... just bring my driving licence....

I havn't payed for the other 2 times I had a courtesy car..... maybe it's a dealer thing.....

Wow, never even thought about this....

As long as I can remember i have always had 3rd party on any car with owners permission....

Came in handy when I was pulled driving my old mans car ( he was passenger), he didn't think a twenty something year old should be driving a.....

1964rolls_hq4.jpg

As if it's the car someone would steal :D :D :D

Right at work today I checked the policy and there is NO age restrictions on it at all. I checked it twice and no restrictions at all. Did not see any mention of a surcharge for insurance on the policy either altho it may be something imposed by the broker.

They still want me to pay £10.

I don't suppose it's all bad, considering they gave me one of these...

A 1.4 Colour collection Corolla.

My God, does it shift compared to the Yaris. :eek:

Being sensible of course though, as it's not my car. ;)

Very nice and easy to drive though (think you'll like it Dave), very spacious.

Took the familia out in it tonight, and went to my Bro's. They loved it.

Always a bit gutting, as I love my car, and it's always being upstaged by courtesy/ hire cars I get. :D

Maybe in a couple of years if funds allow.

"The fastest car in the world's a rental" - P.J. O'Rourke...

Personally I always use the free "courtesy lift" service given by my Mr T of choice. Anywhere in or just around Perth and they'll drop you off and then pick you up at a pre-arranged time.

:thumbsup:

A

That's good.

Dunno if they'd do it for me though - I'm 25 miles from them, and 26 miles from Listers of Cov.

Smack bang in the middle of 4 dealerships, all at lest 25 miles away.

Nice quote too Al... :D

Sadly they won't take me home (125 miles) but the occasional couple of hours wandering around Perth is no big deal when I save about £45 a service...

A

They still want me to pay £10.

I don't suppose it's all bad, considering they gave me one of these...

A 1.4 Colour collection Corolla.

My God, does it shift compared to the Yaris.  :eek:

Being sensible of course though, as it's not my car.  ;)

Very nice and easy to drive though (think you'll like it Dave), very spacious.

Took the familia out in it tonight, and went to my Bro's. They loved it.

Always a bit gutting, as I love my car, and it's always being upstaged by courtesy/ hire cars I get.  :D

Maybe in a couple of years if funds allow.

You wait till you get your car back..... I bet you'll be thinking this car is gutless..... what can I do to improve things :ph34r:

Just don't get to use the Corolla ;) :D

It's too late - I'm making plans to steal the corrolla,and send them back something the same size, in silver (I have enough cans of spray paint in the garage...). :D

Always a bit gutting, as I love my car, and it's always being upstaged by courtesy/ hire cars I get.  :D

And I used to get peeved about mine ..

With my MR2 I'd had the following.

Alfa 164 Twin Spark

VW Mk2 Golf

Nissan Micra 1.0

Toyota Yaris 1.0

Vauxhall Vectra 1.8

Ford Focus 1.8

The last two were from insurance companies who "try and offer you a similar car" .. I was told they had an MGF available, I took the Focus ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links