Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Magazine Competitions

Demonic Angel

I wonder how many people fall for these?

In this weeks OK, whilst reading about Sadie Frost in her lovely new Primrose Hill home, I turned the page to find an envelope saying "Is this the £million lucky bag?"

Intrigued... I opened it... to find my Golden Ticket which guarantees me one of the following fabulous prizes:

£1,000,000 cash

£100,000 cash

Porsche Boxster or £30,000 cash

Your mortgage or rent paid for a year

Disneyland Paris weekend break for 4 people

£500 Sony digital camera and printer

Carribean Cruise

£250 cash

Free groceries for a year

or £100 cash

For a split second, I think I'm in with a chance... I dont normally fall for anything like this... must be the clever marketing!

So I turn the Golden Ticket over, of course, you have to ring a premium rate line, costing £1.50 a minute and you'll be on for at least 6 minutes. Or I can text them and be charged for 6 texts at £1.50 each!

That's 9 quid to enter!

Now I know you dont get anything for free in this world, but even if I'm guaranteed to win, I'd rather not pay 9 quid for the privilege - but it makes me wonder the amount of people who call these lines to win a prize. Maybe its just me being skeptical, but I just dont believe I'll win anything if I call - and I'll have been charged 9 quid.

Has anyone actually won anything with these sorts of offers?

They always put the holidays in and I would bet that is what you would get. They give the holidays away and they have stupid terms and contidions with them - like you have to take them on a really stupid day or you get one place free on a caribean cruise but you have to pay for 6 other people to go!

The other one they normally put in is a mobile phone - which normally comes with an expensive contract!

Rip it up and chuck it :thumbsup:

Yep, they're not worth the paper they're printed on.

Guaranteed that most 'competitions' like these are a pull into a Time-Share scheme and once you get in contact with those sorts of people, you'll never get rid of them.

Bit like when the Readers Digest gets hold of your address :angry:

Has anyone actually won anything with these sorts of offers?

Had one of these a while ago in a magazine. The claim on the Golden Ticket was that I had won £1m, and even carefully reading the small print it didn't seem like there was any way they could refuse to pay up.

Naturally I threw it straight in the bin :D

Paul.

Its already gone in the bin, dont worry!

Was just wondering if it really was a scam, as I thought, or people had actually won?

well u say that, and i agree with most of you im generally pretty spectical towards these types of things and pay no attention what so ever - however, not so long ago the gf aunt had decided to give one a go, she liked the listed prizes on the back and felt she would have been happy with any of the prizes. thinking what does she have to lose she decided she might aswell give it ago she only won £7k :lol::drool:

i won a million dollars!!

in the monopoly box..

*joke

one of my mates once won a ps2.. he used to try them all the time after that with no avail

well u say that, and i agree with most of you im generally pretty spectical towards these types of things and pay no attention what so ever - however, not so long ago the gf aunt had decided to give one a go, she liked the listed prizes on the back and felt she would have been happy with any of the prizes. thinking what does she have to lose she decided she might aswell give it ago  she only won £7k  :lol:  :drool:

7k sounds nice.... my Golden Tickets gone now... so looks like I'll just have to make do with OK magazine! :lol:

Never won a sausage.

I'm like that tho, youve got to have a peek.

ive rang one once and as the conversation goes on the voice gets lower meaning you have to ring again to catch what it said.

And i'm still looking for a missus, nowt but bad luck in my litter tray. :wacko:

Never won a sausage.

ive rang one once and as the conversation goes on the voice gets lower meaning you have to ring again to catch what it said.

And i'm still looking for a missus, nowt but bad luck in my litter tray. :wacko:

Shame that, don't think you can get competition phone numbers to call for winning a missus tho :lol::lol:

Catz.... you could always enter the one in Zoo Magazine to get your missus a free boob job and then try and offer it to lady friends in exchange for a date? :lol::thumbsup:

Never won a sausage.

Shame that, don't think you can get competition phone numbers to call for winning a missus tho :lol::lol:

oh you can. there selling vaginity on eBay :ph34r:

makes me laugh how you see all the good prizes and then 'hundreds of pens and calculators'

but the prizes they mention they DO have to give away by law, the cant falsly advertise stuff, so you can win

Shame that, don't think you can get competition phone numbers to call for winning a missus tho  :lol:  :lol:

oh you can. there selling vaginity on eBay :ph34r:

SERIOUSLY? :eek::eek: All I can say is why! (apart from the money aspect obviously) :rolleyes:

What they normally do is buy thousands of 1 item & get them at a similar price to what they're made for then give them to the vast majority of "winners" & make a fortune from it. As mentioned, with the holidays you get you're "free week" after you've already paid for a month for 12 of your mates 1st. I never even open those competitions

Catz.... you could always enter the one in Zoo Magazine to get your missus a free boob job and then try and offer it to lady friends in exchange for a date?  :lol:  :thumbsup:

Gimme a break, dont do fake

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links