Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roof Bars

cymru48

I decided on a Thule system with the longer bars so I could carry loads in excess of 48 inches wide and still strap it down (okay for sheet materials).

They are a little more tricky to fit (over Toyota's own make) but both bars can be on in under 5 minutes.

They were slightly cheaper and had a higher load rating also.

I have a five door, but they are okay for a 3 door (you just have a shorter length bar to bar)

Is there something particular you are looking to carry?

New or old shape - I still have my 1997 3dr official Mr T bars in the loft - open to offers ... :)

New or old shape - I still have my 1997 3dr official Mr T bars in the loft - open to offers ...  :)

Its newly registerd this week - the 3 door XT-R. It's got roof rails.

I decided on a Thule system with the longer bars so I could carry loads in excess of 48 inches wide and still strap it down (okay for sheet materials).

They are a little more tricky to fit (over Toyota's own make) but both bars can be on in under 5 minutes.

They were slightly cheaper and had a higher load rating also.

I have a five door, but they are okay for a 3 door (you just have a shorter length bar to bar)

Is there something particular you are looking to carry?

Not looking to carry more than the odd ladder at the moment. But, I'v had a Merc 220 for the past 3 yr and have missed being able to lug things about (due to shallow boot and exhorbitant price for roofrack)

I hope your ladders are short and light!

The short roof rails - particularly on a 3 door - will not provide much support for a long load!