Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lucky To Be Alive Right Now...

Leeky

Was on my way to work today and as i was driving on the dual carrageway between denham and chalfont st peter (not sure of road name) i hit some diesel on the road at about 75mph.

Span round at least once and i dunno how i managed to straighten back up :wacko:

I know it was diesel as for the next 2miles my ABS was kicking in on braking at speeds of even 20mph :blink:

I dunno what to do now and im still on the adrenaline. Should i call the police and tell them about it?

It may be worth calling the police.

Diesel is bad news for motrocyclists and getting someone out to clean it up could save someone's life.

:censor: are you ok?????????????

Was it on the A413?? :o :(

I can't get through to your phone - give me a bell as soon as you see this please.

Span round at least once and i dunno how i managed to straighten back up :wacko:

Blimey! Good job you didn't hit anything at that speed. :thumbsup:

I'd be doing the 999 thing if it was me I guess. That could cause a very serious pile up.

Paul.

damn your lucky mate! glad you didnt hurt yourself.

I had same happen to me on the a4 on saturday night, leaving a roundbabout ( sonning hill roundabout before the dual carriageway bit if anyone knows it :) ) and hit oil and entered the next dual carriageway bit sideways :eek: was so lucky noone else was around as my car was dancing all over the place, pulled over after it and couldnt believe I hadnt hurt anyone or myself very scary.

glad your alright though :thumbsup: not nice and worth telling the police about definatly.

jesus thats nasty, were you going round a corner then???

Report it - people like me on motorbikes can come off severely when diesel is left on the road.

Glad yer ok.

It happened as i was approaching a roadabout at the end of the road.

Applied the brakes firmly - but not hard and the abs kicked in straight away about around 70mph.

Couldnt slow down in time for the roundabout and swirved around it.

Was in my FWD Peugeot van and as you can imagine i got insaine oversteer and went spinning.

Luckly i managed to straighten up after going around the once. Took me a few secs to get my breath back but carried on to work with the abs coming on at pretty much anything above walking speed. Also if i trundle along at 30 in 3rd (approx 2k rpm) and floor it the wheels spin and the revs rocket so i have no grip it seems. Although it was getting better the more i drove.

My tyres do feel weird and smell like fuel.

I havent contact the police yet but im going to find out the exact place it happened using mapquest and then call the local station to let them know.

:thumbsup:

Wakes you up doesn't it!!!!!!

Exctly the same thing happened to me dad in germany... he hit diesel/black ise at 180 kmph in his Company S class.. did a full 360, hit nothing, and straghtened out... scrubbing off 90 kmph in the process!!!! It properly shat him up!!

Glad your ok Fella...

I say firre up the cam corder and film that spot, then sell the footage :D But I am a bit of a :censor: ...

:thumbsup:

A rolling burnout will get anything off your tyres!!!

A rolling burnout will get anything off your tyres!!!

Well thats once way :lol: Handbrake on and floor it for 30secs :lol:

Just called the Police and after what felt like an interogation over the phone by the officer he gave me a number to Highways Agency.

I called them and they said they were aware of the spill and apparently someone is on their way out there now to clean it up.

So at least there isnt anything wrong with the car :lol:

I just hope nobody else had anything happen to them like i did :yes:

Great... they're 'on their way to clean it up' only now - who knows how long it's been there for! <_<

Just hope no one else got caught out. At least you know for sure now though hun.

Glad to hear you're alrite dude.

Good thing you called someone to let them know.

It's bad enough in a car, but it's get worse if you're on 2 wheels.

It's appaling seeing the amount of diesel on the roads.

Endless campaigns in the last few years, and there's still shed loads on the roads.

Leeky Beeky and his magical curly driving :D

I wonder how long it takes them to sort it out????

Diesel is scary stuff on the road... it really is like ice!!! I remember hitting a patch in my mr2... as a result a Keepleft sign got "kinda altered".. the car was fine though!!! (Grey MR2)

Glad your okay lee! Same thing happened to me when i first got the '2

Was going round centre of town - round a really sharp corner on the bus route - the road is covered with diesel that the busses kick out - i wasnt going as fast as you were and i proper shat myself

Its scary because its not something you can prepare for

T x

Its scary because its not something you can prepare for

indeed :yes: I didnt see a thing, first i knew about it was when i realised my brakes didnt work :wacko:

You are lucky you were in a car. I did the same on my motorbike and wrote the damn thing off! I was only going at 10mph as well!

Nasty Stuff

There's no way of seeing the stuff is there? Got me paranoid now.

It can be seen, but unfortunately, most of the time it's too late.

It will also show when light hits it at the right angle. With it being a bit gloomy this time of year, it can be harder to spot.

Just look out for dark bluey/ purply bits of tarmac....

Cor Lee I bet you pooped yourself sounds like scary stuff..... glad your safe and well :group-cuddles:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links