Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-sport Power Loss

Lozza

Hi All,

been ages since posting, mainly due to having trouble free motoring with my T-Sport Yaris, but for the past couple of runs I notice a lag in power / tourque from 3000RPM plus. I am not sure whether it is down to a dodgy batch of fuel or the cold weather but all seems fine under the bonnet. Any suggestions would be great

Thanks

Lozza

Have you checked air filter?? it may be a little dirty

And with cold weather cars tend to be a little faster, and also to drink a little more :P (my oldie VW Golf GTD when it was really cold over here was a little rocket, but if he flew then the diesel back there would probably teleport :lol: ) anyway... check it! =)

resetting ecu could be an idea, open the fusebox and pull the fuse out for 5 minutes, re-insert then drive around for 10 ish miles to set it in.

yes, check the air filter like mad said, cars will be faster because of the air density, cold air has higher density meaning more oxygen for our engines to make a bigger bang :)

As said, cold air is best... hence cold-air intakes.

I'd run a bit of fuel system cleaner through the tank next time you fill up... decent ones available for only about a tenner, then re-set ECU via fuse or disconnect negative Battery terminal for 10mins, then re-attatch (alarm will go off and radio settings will be lost - don't panic, thats normal!)

Also, clean air filter (even if it looks clean, give it a hoover or blast with compressed air)

Plus, if you do only short trips without engine getting very warm, then you are wearing the engine... take it for a couple of hours on the motorway... give it a good run basically... NO TRAFFIC!!

Try cleaning the MAF sensor, i use carborator cleaner that comes in a airosol can, i spray it let it sit for 5 minutes then spray again and VERY gentle clean with a cotton bud and spray again to rince it clean..

and reset the ECU

Thanks Camshaft

120_2045.jpg

1. Right start the car for 30 seconds and then turn off

2. Take the key out of the ignition and remove the 15A fuse shown in the pic.

3. With the fuse out re-insert the key and try and start the engine for 5-10 second, don`t worry it will not start.

4. remove the key again from the ignition again and replace the fuse and then start the car, all should be ok.

Made loads of diff to my car as it was feeling really lazy at one point

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

been ages since posting, mainly due to having trouble free motoring with my T-Sport Yaris, but for the past couple of runs I notice a lag in power / tourque from 3000RPM plus. I am not sure whether it is down to a dodgy batch of fuel or the cold weather but all seems fine under the bonnet. Any suggestions would be great

Thanks

Lozza

Hi Lozza

any news on what might of cured your motor as mind now seems to be doing the same thing..

thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links