Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shock Tactics

binkie

I had a shock a few weeks ago...went for first m.o.t for my diesel Yaris Toymotor. Went to local Mr T. 15.000 miles on clock Failed emissions test!!

Mechanic said I will use magic potion called Forte. Mechanic went for fast drive. Tested emissions again All OK..

I suggested to Toyota head office that they should include emission test in annual service. In that way they might stop me polooting the atmos which I might have been doing for a year or more.

They..Toyota head office were unimpressed.. I wrote to Tokyo Head office.

No reaction. Oh well!!!

I've said it before, and i'll say it again....

*cough* Diseasel *cough*

Get a nice clean petrol motor! None of those dirty emissions!!

:lol: :o :lol:

Oh, yes, emissions tests would be a good idea every service... but that costs more!!

I've said it before, and i'll say it again....

*cough* Diseasel *cough*

Get a nice clean petrol motor! None of those dirty emissions!!

:lol:  :o  :lol:

Oh, yes, emissions tests would be a good idea every service... but that costs more!!

Isn't the diesel cleaner, generally, emission-wise? Isn't that reflected in the taxation?

Isn't the diesel cleaner, generally, emission-wise?  Isn't that reflected in the taxation?

For C02 yes, diseasels are cleaner... and monoxide. But, diesels have far more particle emissions which are indecently harmful. The newest of the diesels... usually from the VAG group, with the HUGE catalytic converters are cleaner, yes, but 75% of diesels are dirtier and more harmful to human, animal and plant life than any equivelant petrol. (Obviously a Veyron is going to be more harmful!!)

I had a shock a few weeks ago...went for first m.o.t for my diesel Yaris Toymotor.  Went to local Mr T.  15.000 miles on clock    Failed emissions test!!

Mechanic said I will use magic potion called Forte.  Mechanic went for fast drive. Tested emissions again  All OK..

I suggested to Toyota head office that they should include emission test in annual service.  In that way they might stop me polooting the atmos which I might have been doing for a year or more.

They..Toyota head office were unimpressed..  I wrote to Tokyo Head office.

No reaction.  Oh well!!!

The guy at the garage where i live swares by forte, they sell it, its about £12 a bottle, cleans injectors and stuff.

Isn't the diesel cleaner, generally, emission-wise?  Isn't that reflected in the taxation?

For C02 yes, diseasels are cleaner... and monoxide. But, diesels have far more particle emissions which are indecently harmful. The newest of the diesels... usually from the VAG group, with the HUGE catalytic converters are cleaner, yes, but 75% of diesels are dirtier and more harmful to human, animal and plant life than any equivelant petrol. (Obviously a Veyron is going to be more harmful!!)

However...

Diesel cars are better than petrol cars with reference to carbon dioxide, the global warming gas.

Diesel cars are better than petrol cars with reference to carbon monoxide, a poison.

Diesel cars are better than petrol cars with reference to hydrocarbons which cause cancer.

Diesel cars are similar to petrol cars with reference to nitrous oxides, which cause smog.

Diesel cars are worse than petrol cars with reference to particulates, which have unproved health impacts.

Hmm, I guess why in Japan they don´t drive diesels?

Currently in Japan, there is a trend running against diesel engines that reveals itself in "diesel bashing" and in the enforcement of stricter emission regulations.

In Europe, by contrast, diesel engines are now so popular as to be essential in preventing overall car sales from slumping, with the result that the various auto manufacturers are rushing to develop sufficient numbers of vehicles equipped with diesel engines for their lineups.

In recent years the popularity of European vehicles has been growing in Japan. However, little is known in Japan about the European diesel market

Particle emissions are known to effect all life on earth.

Particle emissions are very bad for asthmatics of which there are lots in the world.

Diesels, no matter how good they get, no matter how advanced they are, no matter if they actually end up cleaning the air they take in, no matter if they save us all money, no matter if they end up ruling America (lets face it, anythings better than Bush!) they will never be sporty enough. They sound crap, have no revs and are too heavy.

Other than that... im sure they're lovely things.

Particle emissions are very bad for asthmatics of which there are lots in the world.

Diesels, no matter how good they get, no matter how advanced they are, no matter if they actually end up cleaning the air they take in, no matter if they save us all money, no matter if they end up ruling America (lets face it, anythings better than Bush!) they will never be sporty enough. They sound crap, have no revs and are too heavy.

If everything you say is true why are consumers buying more diesels?

The global growth of light duty diesel sales continues, with 2004 posting the largest volume increase for a decade.

The sales ratio of diesel to petrol vehicles for the larger manufacturers continues to grow, led by VW which now reports over 60% of its car sales as diesels.

In Western Europe, diesel car sales in 2004 reached a record level of over 48%.

In the context of a marginally strengthening passenger car market in Western Europe compared with that of 2003, a 5.4% decrease in petrol car sales was more than offset by an 11.9% increase in diesels.

If course, it all depends on the quality of the diesel going into the engine. Here in Europe the pollution levels measured for diesels will be very different from those measured in the US. This is mainly because of the higher quality, more refined, low-sulphur fuel sold here compared to the "raw", cheap fuel sold over there.

You also have to check how recent the figures for the various "research" you are both stating as the newer the engines involved the less the pollution - for both petrol and diesel.

Personally, if I could either find somewhere selling it or had a garage in which to process it myself, I would switch to biodiesel made from vegetable oil and ethanol - completely carbon neutral too...

I'm not entering into this "dirty diesel" argument with Seveer again so that's all I'm saying on this matter...

:thumbsup:

A

some companies have come up with a system that filters the gases and cleans them to lower the Particle emissions, the GM group with Fiat have developed such a system to do this. here is a little bit on how it works

Innovative Particulate Filter

The 1.9TiD powertrain includes the most advanced diesel particulate filter on the market, enabling Euro 4 emissions compliance, an essential requirement for many company car drivers. Unlike other particulate traps, it is maintenance-free and self-cleaning, requiring no additives or periodic replacement. Located in the exhaust system downstream of the close-coupled catalyst, the housing for the filter also includes a secondary oxidation catalyst to remove residual hydrocarbons (HC). The exhaust gases pass through this first, before entering the filter's ceramic core, made from a honeycomb of silicon carbide. This is perforated along its length by a matrix of microscopic channels, which collect the particulates as deposits from the exhaust. In order to clean the filter and to keep the exhaust flow as free as possible, these deposits are periodically burnt off by short pulses of over-fuelling. These briefly raise exhaust temperatures to the required level of 600º C. The process is automatically initiated when back pressure in the exhaust system reaches a certain level and is completely undetectable by the driver. This innovative solution has been made possible through the fuelling flexibility provided by the engine's multiple injection strategy. The self-cleaning process takes place whenever necessary, irrespective of throttle load or engine temperature.

Source :ph34r:

Latest diesel technology for Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan

If everything you say is true why are consumers buying more diesels?

Consumers are buying more diesels because the average diesel buyer would buy one because they are reliable (especially VAGs), get good mpg and are generally 30-50 year olds (I'd imagine) which are no longer interested in having fun in a car.

Also, there are alot of VWs out there which are company cars and rep mobiles! :thumbsup:

I'm not taking Seveers side here btw, I'm just elaborating on what (I think) he's trying to say! :yes:

I'm not taking Seveers side here btw, I'm just elaborating on what (I think) he's trying to say! :yes:

Look at you evading an argument! :lol:

That is what im saying... more people are buying them because the technology has advanced so much that they are now cheaper to run if doing more mileages, whilst now being refined and capable cars performance wise.

Iv never said they're bad... especially when large mileages are done... a petrol is easily beaten in this respect... the fuel costs etc are too high.

But, I do feel that diesels are in no way sporty and never can be... they are bought for the head, not the heart... they don't drive the soul like any decent sports car can... you'll never see a diesel Lambo! (If I do, i think i'll eat my own feet.) They are bought for motorways. Another reason for the sales increase is that there are a lot of lazy drivers who find diesels easier to drive due to the increased torque.

At the end of the day, if i had a diesel, i'd sing it's praises, if I have a petrol (which i always will... cos they're better!! :lol:) then il sing their praises! As will anybody on this here earth as human kind is by nature a defender of it's beliefs!

Another point... don't you just hate it when a tw*t in his Golf TDi tries to accelerate away from you and covers your nice clean car in a big plume of black smog??

But, I do feel that diesels are in no way sporty and never can be... they are bought for the head, not the heart... they don't drive the soul like any decent sports car can... you'll never see a diesel Lambo! (If I do, i think i'll eat my own feet.) They are bought for motorways. Another reason for the sales increase is that there are a lot of lazy drivers who find diesels easier to drive due to the increased torque.

[....]

Another point... don't you just hate it when a tw*t in his Golf TDi tries to accelerate away from you and covers your nice clean car in a big plume of black smog??

:censor: a brick! I agree completely... :D (especially the bit about the VW motors - why are they so smokey?)

:thumbsup:

A

nail...

hammer....

whack :lol: