Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Do I Get Next

corollasr

hey guys,

have now had a firm offer on the corolla so looking at something ne but have no idea what to go for.

the criteria is:

-sporty

-quicker than the rolla

-lower than insurance goup 12

-reliable

-easy to modify

-budget around 4500

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

ed

I dunno what insurance group it would be in, but 4500 could get you either an s13 or s14 200sx, and leave you a bit of cash left over to tune and tweak it. And there's an abundance of companies out there doing parts and upgrades for those.

I dunno what insurance group it would be in, but 4500 could get you either an s13 or s14 200sx, and leave you a bit of cash left over to tune and tweak it. And there's an abundance of companies out there doing parts and upgrades for those.

s13 is group 16

s14 is group 18

i had that request about a year ago, and there isnt much out there that is under group 12

i opted for a megane coupe 2.0 16v but i wouldnt suggest you get one if you want a reliable car

i think what came closest was the FTO 2.0, although i dont think it was group 12, think it was group 14

Why insurance group 12?

I've just had 2 group 19 and now one group 20 car and insurance is pretty reasonable - especially as im only 23.

btw - 1.8 celica gen6 is group 12, there is a really nice 1999 in silver going for nothing on eBay :yes:

yep the ST celica is group 12.

but if you want performance go higher - I'm 23 and it would only cost an extra £180 or so to insure a GT4 instead of my ST and for that £180 you get over twice the bhp

Corsa 1.8 SRi - 0-62 in 8.5 seconds, much better built that you'd expect and low insurance.

Corsa 1.8 SRi - 0-62 in 8.5 seconds, much better built that you'd expect and low insurance.

Please, tell me you're joking

Not sure if the size would put you off, but how about a Glanza V? Relatively easy to modify & up the boost, cheap insurance & they come in at around your price bracket.

You can get already (very nicely) modified ones for around £5k or standard for £4k+... or buy one at auction next year and get yourself a lovely '96 without having to do an SVA :thumbsup:

chairs yaris -that was one of my main ideas, along with the civic 16 sport. the glanza would be cool from the turbo point of view though.

reason i'm only wanting grp 12 is because i'm only 19 and i live in a relatively high crime rate area so cant get anything too high on insurance

celica idea is quite good, may look into them

cheers for your suggestions guys, and any more would be welcome

ed

Is "abundance" what you do when you can't get into the Loo,after a feed of Muffins ?:help:

Allright! I'll go & stand in the corner for an hour :lol:

You will be talking 5.5K for a good Glanza and all glanzas need an SVA.

Simon

They won't need an SVA if they're over 10 years old. Hence suggesting a '96 next year :thumbsup:

All you'll need to do is bring it up to UK MOT standard (ie fog light) and register the car with the DVLA :)

seen a couple of nice glanzas, thinking of raising my budget a bit anyway so 5.5k would be well within reason. from a perfomance - insurance ratio POV they seem like the way forward, so the hunt is now on to find one

ed

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links