Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Uk Yaris Pictures In The Flesh!

DaveSR

Got a little brochure thingy through the

EDIT: O and the letter accompanying it says it should be in all showrooms by december! Im surprised they so far haven't moved the release date back to annoy me like they usually do!

Why should that annoy you if you don't intend buying one? :rolleyes:

I Though someone would say that! i wana buy an old P1 in febuaryish time for my birthday so i hoping they bring out the MKII in january so the prices dropped by Febuary :yes:

Will definitely be January buddy! :thumbsup:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody27

• Demonic Angel

• Al J

• DaveSR

Schweet thats what i like to hear! maybe a P1 Tsport coming my way if i spend my pennies wisely over xmas! Atleast one good thing came from the new Yaris! The better ones become cheaper :P

Schweet thats what i like to hear! maybe a P1 Tsport coming my way if i spend my pennies wisely over xmas! Atleast one good thing came from the new Yaris! The better ones become cheaper :P

The better one they discontinued in 2003 you mean?.... :P :lol:

All good things must come to and end....even the best things :P They ended Wispa chocolate bars and brang out cadbury's dairy milk "bubbly"....no comparison! Wispa all the way! but they ended it...why? because they are fools! (bit of a chocolate lover btw :P)

And back on topic... :P

Dave, you're lucky I haven't driven down and kicked you in the knackers for posting such an ugly beast (the new Yaris)! :thumbsup:

Well was in the York dealership on Tuesday and i can firmly say i hate it, with a passion

It feels cheap, tacky and lacks the roomy feeling which the mk1 has.

Nick :ffs:

It's funny this. I'm a mod over at Echofans for their "The Yaris" section and there's been a similar response over there.

And remember, they had the hatch in Canada but not in the US until this "All New Yaris". Still got very firm feelings on this car though. :yes:

You either love it or hate it.

It's like Marmite! :lol:

Yep the same hate that happened to us new Yaris owners on Echofans in Canada, has taken over on OZ Echo forums too, and now here as well...

Don't worry, it calms down once everyone makes up and acts civil again...Of course, we do get the 1.5 RS with all the kitting on it...So it may take a T-Sport in the UK to turn things around...

And back on topic... :P

Dave, you're lucky I haven't driven down and kicked you in the knackers for posting such an ugly beast (the new Yaris)! :thumbsup:

Oi :P !

:wub:You Know You Want it! :wub:

It's funny this. I'm a mod over at Echofans for their "The Yaris" section and there's been a similar response over there.

And remember, they had the hatch in Canada but not in the US until this "All New Yaris". Still got very firm feelings on this car though. :yes:

You either love it or hate it.

It's like Marmite!  :lol:

Yep the same hate that happened to us new Yaris owners on Echofans in Canada, has taken over on OZ Echo forums too, and now here as well...

Don't worry, it calms down once everyone makes up and acts civil again...Of course, we do get the 1.5 RS with all the kitting on it...So it may take a T-Sport in the UK to turn things around...

:yes: I'd thought the same... ;)

Anyhow, I went into my Mr T of choice on Saturday and has a good nosey around and sit inside the Mk2. In fact, the salesman took it as a good chance to practice his patter! Well, it turned out to be a mistake because, well, now I want one...

The car looks great in the flesh (a sort of bluey silver similar to, but bluer than, Severn Green) and the interior is really smart. From the driver's seat it couldn't be anything but a Yaris.

The one I sat in was a T3 and it was closer in spec to the Mk1 T-Spirit (minus alloys and sunroof) with aircon, 'leccy windows and mirrors and remote central locking. The interor had a really good use of different textures and colours of plastic, a leather steering wheel and gear knob as well as loads and loads of storage spaces and cupholders. The steering column also adjusts for reach as well as height, wich should make it even more comfortable on long journeys.

I was also really impressed with the whole "folding back seat" system and the in-boot storage - great for someone like me who who always carries loads of stuff normally but often has to load the car up too. No more loose boxes of crud and trying to find somewhere out of the way to put the heardrests...

The diesel's the 90bhp version of the 1.4 too...

In summary - its like a Yaris, but better and with (almost) all my little irks and annoyances solved (will still need anbout an inch out of the ride height ;) )..

:thumbsup:

Alan

edit:

PS We won't be getting the orange that Echo_hrs has (sadly...) and there will be MMT for all (well, 1.0, 1.3 and D-4D drivers anyhow) so it looks like they will be trying to take over the world :P

Edited by alanbradley

Good info there, Alan. I like the idea of an extendable steering wheel column. I just knew that Copper Orange Mica wouldn't be an option here. :mellow:

Any idea on what colurs will be available?

He told me, but I'm not sure I can remember tham all...

White

Eclipse Black

Carlo Blue

Silver

Slightly darker silver

That blue-ish silver (which is nice)

A very dark green

Red

Spec wise, basically your T2 has been swallowed up by the Aygo and your T3 is a T2, T-spirit is a T3 and The T-Spirit is the one that gets you hitherto unheard of toys like the keyless go and climate control...

I couldn't drive it because they're not allowed to put any demonstrators on the road until late next month.

A

Cheers, Alan. It's going to have to be a T Spirit then, innit? Got to have that Smart Entry & Start system. :yes:

Hang, on... that sounds like I'm thinking of buying one. Nooooo! :P

Yeah T-Spirit spec sounds niiiiiice! :thumbsup:

I'm going to try desperately hard to put off until the T-Sport though.... because three T-Spirits in a row is going to sound a bit sad! :lol:

I got an invite actually a few days back to go and make an appointment to see one.... but I really dont know if I should as I more than likely will sign on the dotted line immediately.... :lol::lol:

went into the local dealers today to have a look. they had a 3dr T3 in the show room. its very big and bulky especially the front,dont like that at all. and inside it seemed abit plastic. maybe the higher specs will feel different. overall im still not sure what to think. have to see a 5dr really as i dont like 3drs anyway. they said they wont be selling T spirits till the end of jan.and dont really know when the TS will be out.They guessed at least a few months after that but i dont think they really had a clue . they had a colour collection old style next to it and tbh there was no comparision especially for the interior.

Cheers, Alan. It's going to have to be a T Spirit then, innit? Got to have that Smart Entry & Start system. :yes:

Hang, on... that sounds like I'm thinking of buying one. Nooooo!  :P

Well... I still have at least a year and a half to go on mine before I change it really - by that stage it will be at about 50k and I feel you get a better price when there's still some warranty and time before the first MOT. Oh yeah, and I can't afford it :(

Actually, when it comes to car specs I'm quite easy to please - I still think remote central locking is a novelty and RDS a luxury - so I would probably be sad enough to stick with the T3 again. After all, it has the only things I think are really missing from mine - aircon and 'leccy mirrors. Smart entry's probably cool for the first month or so, but personally I don't feel its too difficult to press a button on the keyfob and as I always like to deadlock the car (all the better to trap the little oiks in there) I would probably still have to push a button...

Would definitely spec the TTE springs from new and I'd keep the OZs I have and put snow tyres on the steels... The wheel trims on the T3 are quite nice too - much nicer than the current ones.

:thumbsup:

A

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice, i'd assume that this is the 1.5 T-sport for us ?, The Standard kit looks very good. I hope we get this soon :)

This is a nice RS:

y1.jpg

y2.jpg

y3.jpg

y4.jpg

y6.jpg

y7.jpg

If this was the new UK TS I'd have it  :thumbsup: !

to many doors :lol:

they do make a 3dr new yaris ive touched one :P (and it was white, but was an oil burner)

as far as the tsports concerned i wnat to kno if there bringing it here, i still wont buy one tho

sat in the new Yaris, pretty smart, but salesman chappy said to me diesel mmt with climate and alloys over 13K and you still wind the windows up IN the back), but ooh so roomy inside (though still plasticky) :hokus-pokus: BUT yet again grey-black inside, can we have http://toyota.jp/vitz/f_cream_collection/interior/ ?

outside funkier too, http://toyota.jp/vitz/f_cream_collection/exterior/, the green looks pretty cool! Would be neat to have a choice of (bright) solid colours too, oh I ask for so much. ;) though at least we get white ones (me thinks) they look cool :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links