Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Light

Dilon

Hello

I brought a toyota lucida estima and a small sign in yellow letters in english appers in the dashboard saying OIL LEVEL :huh: ,I refilled oil to the tank at the front and the tank under the seat but the light keeps comin.Can any 1 :help: plz.

thanks

Dilon

dilon_p@msn.com

Hello

I brought a toyota lucida estima and a small sign in yellow letters in english appers in the dashboard saying OIL LEVEL :huh: ,I refilled oil to the tank at the front and the tank under the seat but the light keeps comin.Can any 1  :help:  plz.

thanks

Dilon

dilon_p@msn.com

What year and model are you??

I would say if you have a reservoir tank at the front then it would be pre 96. If the oil level light flashes you have too much oil and too less if the light is constant.

The reservoir at the front is unreliable and usually pumps oil to the sump when not necessary. You are best getting rid. Too much oil is no good as it puts unecessary pressure on the turbo

I could be your car needs servicing however infront of speedo you will see a black gromit remove this and inside there is a reset button use a pen to press it in and then see how you get on. :)

• 3 weeks later...
I could be your car needs servicing however infront of speedo you will see a black gromit remove this and inside there is a reset button use a pen to press it in and then see how you get on. :)

don't that button reset the speedo? :huh:

I tried but it dont do anything it keeps coming

• 1 year later...

Hello Dilon from Dunstable,

how did you get on with the occasional Oil Level light? I am having it alight occasionally, and it worries me. There is neither shortage nor too much oil in the main reservoir in my case.

Kind regards,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I would say if you have a reservoir tank at the front then it would be pre 96. If the oil level light flashes you have too much oil and too less if the light is constant.

The reservoir at the front is unreliable and usually pumps oil to the sump when not necessary. You are best getting rid. Too much oil is no good as it puts unecessary pressure on the turbo

I have had this problem too. I have had my Lucida for 18months now - I changed the oil and filter after the change oil warning light came on (5000km light) straight after that the flashing light started. It cannot have been the oil levels as the oil dip showed it as bang on; was it the oil pressure?

I read other forums at the time and one post said that the sensor for this warning light can be dodgy. I couldn't find anyone to disagree at the time so I left it. I have changed the oil since - the last time was end of November. Just after xmas the turbo blew. :ffs:

I have had the turbo replaced (recon - no point putting new one on a 12 year old car! hell of alot cheaper too) - the garage that did it changed the oil too. The warning light is still flashing - is this oil pressure? :wacko:

• 1 month later...

My 96 Lucida's oil came on for a minute or so, each time the temperature passed a certain treshold. I have replaced the sensor, no joy.

I then added 2 types of Liquy Moly Additives. I realise that additives are as hotly debated as Chinese Herb or homeopathic medicine,

BUT,

it did the trick: The oil light is now OFF, and always.

In the UK this Liqui Moly stuff is fiendishly expensive (£25 for 2 cans of 300ml each).

I still have no idea, why the oil light came on in the first place, but not seeing it anymore makes for much more pleasurable driving.

Best wishes,

a Lucida from Barnet, North London, UK

• 3 years later...

Hi I am new here. I have a Toyota Lucida Estima Diesel 1994 model came from Japan and was brought here in my country (Philippines). I have a problem in the engine light indicator, and it shows up every time I drove it more than 10 kilometers or so. Or sometimes it just shows up after a few minutes or even a few hours of rest from a long distant drive it keeps showing up. I also noticed that whenever I was in a long drive and my air condition was on for a long time, or a lot of voltage used like e.g. lights, wiper, cigarette plugs, radio, and air condition that will trigger to lit up. When the engine light indicator shows up, the engine sound changes its tune.

At first I thought that the cause was low oil from my oil gauge in front of the hood, or the engine oil itself under neat the driver’s seat (Converted Left hand drive) is low. So I tried adding engine oil, and it worked for a few days then it started again, but not as much like the last time.

I tried changing the engine oil, automatic transmission oil, oil filter, even the fuel nozzles, timing belt, the 2 coupling from the secondary drive shaft, and checked the water pump, also cleaned the radiator, but it still showing up and the engine still changing its tune. I noticed that before the engine light indicator shows up the tune of the engine sounds changes. It sounds like, from the normal to a much higher pitch with a sound of clinging or something metal ( I really could not explain the sound, but to those who experienced it please try to help me out about the sound). In case you asked about the water temperature, it’s actually normal and I never experienced overheat. But from my previous years, I did experience it. I tried to add about the water temperature, because I kind a noticed that even for a few kilometers run the engine seem so hot. But in temperature gauge, it’s normal and it stayed half from cool to hot.

My turbo doesn't work sometimes especially when climbing a hill, because I can’t hear the sound of the turbo engaging. So I was thinking that might cause the problem, but hopefully not. So hopefully you could reply to me through here or just shoot an email, it would be much appreciated and thanks for advance.

Here's my email shadonyte48@yahoo.com and hope I find an answer or a way to get rid of it without selling my Lucy.

The only thing I can stop that annoying engine light indicator with a changing of the engines sound pitch was to turn it off and turn it on. But the air condition was off. It worked for a couple of kilometers or mile, then it shows up again and sometimes I was lucky that it didn't show up again till I got home.

• 8 years later...

hi there i have a toyota estima lucida that is playing up, the car is pressurising with oil and i can't figure out why. the oil is changed every 3000 miles and the filter. any way of helping plz contact me