Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Selling My Rav4 Xtr

tomfraser

:wacko: thinking of selling my rav to get a land cruiser,do you think its a good idea or not? the garage offered me £16.500.do you think its a good price as its only 3 month old and its cost me 20k

i need help to decide!!! :help:

Since the new RAV4 is 4 months away and closer to the time I would say that the Present RAV4 will not be able to hold its value as much as it would normally do as there’s a good chance many RAV4 owners will want to trade up to the new Shape and whole lot off Present shape RAV4’s will be dumped on to the used market, bring down ‘trade in’ values as well as Private sale values. So basically waiting longer to trade in may be a gamble.

As for the price offered £16500 is basically the price you paid minus the VAT which is not bad, but you should push for a healthy discount on the Land cruiser to make up for the shortfall however selling it privately you could get around 6%-8% more. Selling it Privately may be a good idea as there is still some demand for the XT-R but longer lead times means some potential buyers may look favourable at buying a Nearly new example.

Hi tomfraser

I traded in a RAV XT3 for a Lexus RX300-SE 5 months ago. I thought bigger, better etc. 2 weeks ago I traded the Lexus back in for a RAV XT4. In my opinion the RAV is a better car to drive & park etc. & has put back the fun asspect of driving. The main gripe about the Lexus was the foot brake which is instead of the hand brake....."WHAT A PAIN" using that!

Anyway good luck on your decision. :thumbsup:

:wacko: thinking of selling my rav to get a land cruiser,do you think its a good idea or not? the garage offered me £16.500.do you think its a good price as its only 3 month old and its cost me 20k

i need help to decide!!! :help:

My question is a bit of a logical one....what can't you do in the Rav4 ,that you need to upgrade to a Land Cruiser for ?.

Yes the LandCruiser has more seats and is fully capable of some serious off road stuff, but the fuel consumption & servicing cost will be much higher, also parking it in your average NCP carkpark will also be a bit more of a challenge ;) , and last thought ,there are allot of tree huggers out there looking to key up and damage large 4x4 vehicles :angry: .

.....and last thought ,there are allot of tree huggers out there looking to key up  and damage large 4x4 vehicles :angry: .

It's about time those tree huggers started to realise they are causing more pollution because of the chemicals and the power used in fixing a damaged car!

.....and last thought ,there are allot of tree huggers out there looking to key up  and damage large 4x4 vehicles :angry: .

It's about time those tree huggers started to realise they are causing more pollution because of the chemicals and the power used in fixing a damaged car!

My question is "I bet all the tree huggers drive to where they want to inflict missery on 4x4 owners" and they take there 30 year old bus\camper beaten up van to where ever they want.... :ph34r:

Emitting more pollutens than you and me do driving to work.... :help: :censor:

I too wanted a Land Cruiser :D :D :D

But after borrowing one for a week after I sold my 3dr RAV I could not wait to buy another RAV4 :huh: . I must admit it was a 1998 Land Cruiser and not the new one but what a pain in the bum around London :ffs: . They are huge and parking it was a pain as it just fits into the parking bays and then there is the problem with the height in some parking arcades, fuel consumption did not exist and it handled like a ship. It just wallows all over the place. One good thing is that you can take it off road in a big way.

For me it was just too big for around London and had a very very large turning circle. I like the RAV4 because its big without being big very nimble, fast and has a fair fuel consumption.

Almost a large hot-hatch if you like. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Darren

:( looks like the wife got her own way yet again,she wont let me get a land cruiser,looks like al heve to trade the wife in as well before i get one :D

:(  looks like the wife got her own way yet again,she wont let me get a land cruiser,looks like al heve to trade the wife in as well before i get one :D

Seems your wife has made the right decision, just think of all the money you'll save on fuel and servicing, you can now spend it on yourself :D :thumbsup: .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links