Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paseo - Nice Looking Engine

Matix

Yep - think that was anodised as Daz said - Eric has one of the nicest 1st gens going...

Edit - bout time he changed his interior but he copied Oli :P

J

i think all the chrome just blinded me.

Must admit mine will never look that clean, just worked out its been just under 4 months since I washed my car :rolleyes:

i was rhinkin that as i wouldnt mind a Battery cover on mine, my bro brouht me one a while back for my old pug ill ask him where itcame from and put a post up

Jim

yep.....definitely anodised ( the bulk of it anyway )

The colours used are pretty distinctive. Frosts sell DIY anodising kits now if anyone fancies having a go themselves !

no problem.

Go to www.frost.co.uk

Nickel, zinc plating kits, Anodising kits, everything.

Buy something from them and they put you on the mailing list. New catalogue through the post every few months.

There are plenty of websites about DIY anodising/plating too, although buying the kits ensures that you have all the necessary stuff in one go.

Damn Rich,

Whish you didn't post that link, i could spend a fortune at that place...

J

don't I know it ! :P

Some of the stuff in there is available cheaper at Machine Mart, but it's got some really useful stuff that you can't find anywhere else too.

I know - i'm tempted but cant justify nearly 1500 for the car lift then i'd be after the car tilter :P.....

But then again i'm lazy lol

J

Its nice but unless you are at shows with the bonnet up, there isnt much point to it, how often do people look under the bonnet?

I would prefere to spend the money on performance parts

Well the trouble is with the Paseo - its more of an easy task to make it look good rather than go fast.

J

*nods profusely*

Its nice but unless you are at shows with the bonnet up, there isnt much point to it, how often do people look under the bonnet?

have to say I totally disagree with that, personally.

Attention to the engine bay, and the bits that aren't usually seen is a tell tale sign of a well looked after car. An oil covered lump under the bonnet might still work ( and work well ), but if it wasn't for the engine the car wouldn't go anywhere to be seen . Surely it deserves more than being left to disappear under years of crud.

Plus, should you want to sell the car at any point - spoilers/bodykits etc are a matter of personal taste. A well smart engine bay sells itself :thumbsup:

indeed, a good looking, well maintained engine sells itself.

is this anodising doable in "the garage" ? or should you let a company do it?

i've done electroplating and anodising in the kitchen before. ( although I live alone, so nobody to shout at me. )

If you just want a bit doing then it'd probably be more cost effective to get it done professionally - as the equipment you need will cost. If you're doing loads then doing it yourself could save you a tidy sum.

NB........anodising only works with Aluminium. For other metals you'll need a different finish.