Do Not Sell My Personal Information

__yaris_t_sport__

Kudos+

Just wondering how old the youngest person is on here and what there insurance is like at that age?? Is it possible to get insured on one of these at the age of 18??? If so what do u think it wud cost??

Any info appreciated

Luke

Yeah you could get insured at 18 but it would probably cost about £1200-1500! Thats with no no-claims, just passed your test and if you're male! :thumbsup:

Hiya - of course you'll get insurance at 18y/o... just depends if you don't mind it being a little pricey. :)

I would recommend you fill in a couple of online quotes to get a better idea as your premium depends on so many factors, like the area you live in. You'll also get an idea on who's the cheapest.

The Elephant.co.uk quote system is quite simple and you can save your quotes for a later date. Worth a try :)

I've just swapped my Yaris T Sport for a Celica GT. I was a bit worried about insurance when I bought it as I had a 1 litre Citroen AX b4 - but it actually wasn't that bad. OK I was 24 when I got the Yaris but the insurance, fully comp was only just over £400 - with Direct Line. The best bet is to shop around on the internet - I always do. My brother has just started getting his own insurance. He found Norwich Union cheap as they were offering a years no claims for 9 months insurance - worth checking out! Tesco are also good for cheap insurance. If you want to search several insurers try Autotrader - they will do it for you.

im 21, had my license for 2yrs, with pass plus i paid 1300£, which was the cheapest around at the time with NU.

depends on ya area really, NU was cheapest by far when I was looking for quotes, try confused.com

Hiya mate,

i am guessing that you haven't passed your test too long ago,

if this is the case then your examiner and your driving instructor should have told you about "Pass Plus",

this is a scheme operated my most insurers to try to educate younger drivers in more areas of their driving.......motorways, rural, busy city centres etc.

it is well worth doing as you will get a big discount, sometimes as much as 45%, off your insurance for the first year and afterwards with no mishaps.

Try tesco and the AA, they are usually quite good.

maybe you have already done this!

maybe not!!

if you haven't, contact your old driving instructor and see if it can be done.

Good luck with it.

:thumbsup:

Im 18 paying £1700 all mods declared

Where'd you get that from? I was looking for quotes for an unmodded tsport with tpft and they near £2k if not more! I was admitedly looking for a 17 year old just passed but would be interested to know where you were getting that quote! Im happy to pay anywhere below £2k if i can! :P

Where'd you get that from? I was looking for quotes for an unmodded tsport with tpft and they near £2k if not more! I was admitedly looking for a 17 year old just passed but would be interested to know where you were getting that quote! Im happy to pay anywhere below £2k if i can! :P

Norwich union soon to be a lot less hopefully with 1 yrs NCB

Hi There!!!

I have an 03 Yaris T sport only been driving a year with one year no claims and i got it for 500 with tesco, i also fould nationwide car insurance a simular price too.

You just got to really hunt around :)

At 17, under mums name on a Matiz... just passed... £900

At 18, under mums name with one little crash.... £1250

Now 20... still got little crash as it lasts for 3 years, 2.5 years driving experience, all mods declared and iv just asked what it'd be under my name... £2000.

I live in a hole though.

Hey guys thanks for all the info!!

How the hell u payin £1700 with all mods declared :blink: n who wiv???

Im 17 and im with churchill and paying nearly £3000 a year for my standard 11 year old 1.3 corolla. i shopped around and found they were all more or less the same or dearer (tesco wanted £4000). O yeh n is that fully comp?

Luke

With 1yr NCB at 18 I could of got TS insurance fully comp, £7k value at that time for about £1000 a year, standard.

I've had quotes of about £900 from NU, 18, 1 year driving, 1yr NCB, in my name.

Looking distictly like i'm getting a t-sport in may. Seeing as I payed £1600 with tesco for my clio this year its bargaintastic.

i'm 20 and paying just under £1500 for a 2001 t-sport.

Thats fully comp under my name no points or accidents and my first car.

The company is called Quinn Direct. I was getting quotes for around £2500 till I found them.

Yeah i tried Quinn Direct and they gave me some really good quotes for the SR but i wanted to try to get insured on a Tsport but unless i save lotsa money up (even though some bum put xmas here to suck my wallet dry) I will end up with an SR :( I hoping that the price drop on the P1 Tsport by the time the plate another year older and the MKII released will be enough to compensate for the insurance price!

If not i will definitely be gettin an SR in the new year (or earlier if i find a good deal!) As that i can afford to insure.

Anyone actually have a Tsport after just passing (so we're talking 17) on there own name insured TPFT for under £2k? (or close to?)

Just over 700 for me - 19 & 1 years no claims

And more importantly a female! ;)

Us guys get bumped! :(