Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Gti 16 Questinos

Cexy_Ratt

Hi forum just bought my first Celica GTI 16. What a car a car, i am pretty sure its a uk car , as i have the orginal toyota receipt for it including full service history from toyota ( last done in august 05 ). 60,000 miles and its mint and standard as it gets.

The engine says 3sGE on the side of it >>> i have been looking for specs on the car BHP etc , but all i seem to get is indifferant specs from various websites, wondering if you guys can help out with some specs for me .

Also i have a high spec headunit form my old car and would like to replace the toyota tape deck and cd control unit >>> how do you remove it and is it hard work>> i have bough a wiring harness so i just need to remove the old unit .

Also is it worth getting a performance back box and air filter for it?

and if you guys have anyadvice on fitting RCA leads and power cables , feel free to advise or should i just take it to base in preston and pay 140 quid!!!!

thanks in advance

Rob

Backbox is a good idea, but decatting it is even better. Frees up a lot of torque.

I wouldn't get a cone air filter. The 5th gens prefer a replacement air filter panel. Get a K&N or similar. Drill holes in the bottom of the air box, and feed another air pipe to the underneath of the box. This works a lot better, as otherwise you will suffer from heatsoak with a cone.

If its a UK car, it will be either 154bhp (with CAT), or 158bhp (without CAT)

I agree with Frodo, putting in a cone is usless, unless you want to build in a box round it like what Daktari has done in his, the better and easier option is to replace the filter with a performance one and drill holes in the bottom of the box to improved airflow.

Its easy to tell if its an import as there will be little bits of japanese writing in places, but the most noticeable bit, unless I'm mistaken is that the rear numberplate will be square if its an import, otherwise it will have the normal rectangle shape if its UK spec.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links