Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Carpet

cmarshall

As most of you already know the carpet they put in the yaris is awful and wears really quickly. Does anyone know how much a new carpet is from Mr T and a the order code if possible. :thumbsup:

lol a lot i guess it doesn't wear quickly if you use matts.

No arguing with that logic, is there?

Sorry, no idea on price but as earpl says, it's not going to be cheap.

I use mats but the person who owned it before me obviously didnt, damn them

Replaced the carpet in cars in the past - you need to get all the seats out and 'unpopper' and 'ungromit' the oem carpet. Then get some decent carpet - try an automotive wholesalers and use the old one as a template to cut out a replacement.

If you're gonna go to all that hassle its probably worth putting some more soundproofing in whilst you're there. When you atempt to put the replacement back in start with one corner and keep folding and shaping as you go - its a long drawn out process but worth it in the end.

I reckon the standard carpet in the t-sport is a little grey - a black would be better.

Thanks clarky. I want to do it whilst i have the seats out (replacing them), is it easier to go to a whole salers or to buy it off toyota as they have the front driver matt fixing etc. Do you know any decent whole salers? :thumbsup:

damn thats something to worry me, i recently chucked my mat (actually at my dad "here you do something with it" sorta way) because the *****s were sliding onto the pedals (kinda dangerous huh?!) but only cos they came outa the bac of my mum's old CRV, so currently im using nout - when i can warrent spending money on carpet i'll buy some yaris mats - or - as i did with my boot - get my dad to bring back a mat (he works for the people who supply/clean those huge floor mats you see in showrooms super markets etc) and cut it to size :D

MrT wont be cheap for the carpet I wouldnt have thought - there again they sometimes a surprise you so I'd check ( a new t-sport bumper is only 60quid!)

Dont know of anyplace anywhere near you sorry - have a dig around on the web mate - you'll need to get the old one out first to get a good idea of the size - they're bigger than you might think.

Oh - and at this time of the year make mega sure its nice and dry before you start putting the new one in.

As regards mats - the envy ones and really nice

Phoned up Mr T its £286 inc VAT which is not anywhere near as bad as i thought it might be.

Which doesnt really explain why a throttle body is 500+vat!

- You going with that then?

I might do, still deciding, good point of it is it willo be a better finish and be harder to ubik up :D down side is it will be standard carpet again.

MrT wont be cheap for the carpet I wouldnt have thought - there again they sometimes a surprise you so I'd check ( a new t-sport bumper is only 60quid!)

the cover is 60quid, add the fogs, fittings, brace and all that and your lookin at over 400notes :o

I got my carpet replaced under warranty.

It was a new, better quality (but poorer colour) carpet that they put in too.

It's worn through again now though!

I got my carpet replaced under warranty.

It was a new, better quality (but poorer colour) carpet that they put in too.

It's worn through again now though!

its not good enough, what are you going to do about it?

its not good enough, what are you going to do about it?

F*ck all!! :lol:

It's only next to the clutch... if it gets really bad i'll rivet some aluminium to it... make a mod out of it!! :thumbsup:

so currently im using nout - when i can warrent spending money on carpet i'll buy some yaris mats

I definately recommend getting the Yaris mats, they "clip" into the floor..on the P2 there are two holes in the carpet and a certain clip goes into it which attachs the carpet to the mat. They cover the whole of the carpet in the footwell. I can see on my driverside one that the edging around the top of the mat is wearing where the clutch pedal rubs on it and you can see were the mat is warn slightly infront of the clutch pedal where your foot goes but rather the mats than the carpet IMO.