Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dastek Unichip For Sale (taken From A Yaris)

dimitrios

Fron another older topic I copy a post I wrote about Unichip:

Because I like to talk with figures and not just with words;This is the dynometer chart,from a yaris Tsport, member of the Greek Yaris Club.

The red line represents the torque with a correctly fitted induction kit,and exhaust muffler.

The blue line represents the torque including all above plus Dastek Unichip plus changes in the exhaust diameter (which proved later to be wrong-too large diameter)

The green line represents the torque with all the above but with correct diameter of exhaust pipes and a race cat fitted.The exhaust manifold is the stock one on this car.

The dastek unichip as you can see in the graph gives you at least +2 kgm of torque at 2000 rpm. Furtherore you have 93% of your torque available at 2000 rpm!

What does diesel say to that?You have to note that with diesel the availabe torque is there for only a small margin and you need to change gears all the time plus you are short of power at 5000 rpm.With Tsport you can go up to 6700 rpm.

The chip I am selling comes from a yaris 1.3 phase one with sports air filter and exhaust.Potentially you could fit it in your car alone (if you know how to do the wiring which is not that complicated) and save on installation costs.If you have an 1.3 no further programming would be required.But if you have other models you are advised to have it programmed by an official Dastek Unichip programmer.

how long was it on the car for- and what sort of price are we talking - might be interested??

It was on the car for 6 months.Then the car was sold and I bought it for my yaris but never got it fit cuz soon I am selling mine.

I dont think that time is important.

Its also the new model.Not the old one.Photo to come soon.

I would accept any reasonable offers.Remember that this costs £300 in the UK plus £200 fitting.

I will be advertising it soon in the Greek Yaris Club and eBay but I would prefer if somebody buys it from TOC.

:thumbsup:

how long was it on the car for- and what sort of price are we talking - might be interested??

It was on the car for 6 months.Then the car was sold and I bought it for my yaris but never got it fit cuz soon I am selling mine.

I would accept any reasonable offers.Remember that this costs £300 in the UK plus £200 fitting.

I will be advertising it soon in the Greek Yaris Club and eBay but I would prefer if somebody buys it from TOC.

yeah thats about right, i actually rand dastek and its £445 fitted and chip and tjhey need it for ulmost a full day?

how much are you looking for chip, does it come with a holder or mount, ill have to see if they will program it for a phase 1 t sport.

Might be wrong but as far as I know the Unicjip can be mapped and remapped over as required. They piggyback the chip onto the ecu and various leads connect the two.

When I got mine they did have the car for the full day - they advised that if I had another batch of mods they'd remap again for 100 plus vat.

Dastek in the UK are in Dalgety Bay (near Edinburgh), but other resellers are dotted up and down the country. I was working in Edinburgh so I got them to do mine. These are the same guys that did Rossnovas car for him - nice guys.

If you're calling try to speak to Paul.

yeah thats about right, i actually rand dastek and its £445 fitted and chip and tjhey need it for ulmost a full day?

how much are you looking for chip, does it come with a holder or mount, ill have to see if they will program it for a phase 1 t sport.

I am looking for £225 including postage and packing.

They go on eBay at around £200.

There are two options for mounting it.

1st option (if you are outside warranty)-over the factory ECU

2nd option (if you are in warranty and dont want that Mr T notices it)- behind the plastic panels on the right side from the gas pedal.

Both solutions work.

If you need more info pm me.

:)

• 4 weeks later...

dude ur really going for it with the mods at the mo  :thumbsup:

you need to take into account what version of dastek chip this is as there constantly evolving and remaping cost £220+.

dude ur really going for it with the mods at the mo  :thumbsup:

you need to take into account what version of dastek chip this is as there constantly evolving and remaping cost £220+.

this is the latest version.

If the car is a 1.3 and has only sports air filter and exhaust muffler then it wouldnt need remapping.

I also personally believe, that even for a tsport you wouldnt need remapping but in that case you wont get 100% of what the chip can give you in terms of horsepower.

Dont forget that the engine performance depends on many factors,in each case. For ex. humidity,temperature,fuel quality,atmospheric pressure,

For example when I race with my friends,and we all have the same car with the same mods,(yaris tsport) and we race in acceleration on 3rd 4th and 5th gears sometimes I am faster sometimes they are faster.....

Thats my two pence....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links