Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cold Stard Squeek

Mad_Ness

Hi you guys i've posted a topic similar to this a few time ago.

When i start my powerfull machine in the morning specially (or if it stops for about 30min now in the winter) it makes a funny metallic noise, an irritating sqeek, i've gone to toyota but they said it is quite normal, it's due to the chains, and it does it for a while only 'till the oil pressure and temp. stabilizes. But now with winter cold it makes it for about 5 or 6km, even if I make them on the highway...

Anyone else got this?? :P

Cumps!!

yup i have had that problem for a couple of months. took in to the garage last week and it turned out to be the power steering belt which was sqeeking. the guy said there is nothin wrong with the belt. but the only way to stop it was to replace it.

Nope nothing like that for me .......... just squeeky brakes  :P !

you're lucky mine crunch :wacko: cos i don't drive mine enough

no squeaks though, but more rattles than you can shake a rattly toyota interior at :P

i hate those dealerships..

same as they done with me ..

"AHH YES ITS QUITE NORMAL.. CARRY ON! (WE JUST DONT WANT YOU TO USE YOUR WARRANTY OR GET OUR HANDS DIRTY OR SOMETHING)-all we know is to change oil and maybe spark plugs"... :(

sorry for the caps..

by the way... one toyota "certified" mechanic.. spent 40 minutes in my t-pot in order to tighten the hand brake line..

he didnt made it..

i had to do it in 10 minuts at my driveway.

When i start my powerfull machine in the morning specially (or if it stops for about 30min now in the winter) it makes a funny metallic noise, an irritating sqeek, i've gone to toyota but they said it is quite normal, it's due to the chains, and it does it for a while only 'till the oil pressure and temp. stabilizes. But now with winter cold it makes it for about 5 or 6km, even if I make them on the highway...

Cumps!!

Hi I have a Yaris Verso 1.3 and have the same problem.It sounds as the engine is pinking but modern engines that have a computerised system just don't pink.I was at the local dealer and was told that perphaps the timing chain needs replacement.I was not covinced.I sprayed some penitrating oil on the belt that drives the aircondition compressor and the power steering pump and that noised disappered for a couple of days.When it have returened I put some engine oil on the belt and it lasted for about two months.But now I am going to change the belt hope that it dosn't make that irritating noise.

Cumps!!

Hi I have a Yaris Verso 1.3 and have the same problem.It sounds as the engine is pinking but modern engines that have a computerised system just don't pink.I was at the local dealer and was told that perphaps the timing chain needs replacement.I was not covinced.I sprayed some penitrating oil on the belt that drives the aircondition compressor and the power steering pump and that noised disappered for a couple of days.When it have returened I put some engine oil on the belt and it lasted for about two months.But now I am going to change the belt hope that it dosn't make that irritating noise.

What do you mean about pinking?? :P

Well i already thought about that noise to be from the alternator belt, that it could be slipping, but i had that problem on my Golf GTD, and the noise was quite different, it only gone when i replaced the belt. :P

(but Golf's case was really more serious, cos in the winter nights, it kept squeeking wakin up the whole neighbourhood and when I used high range lights daamn it seemed i was hurting him :lol:)

Cumps!!

Well i already thought about that noise to be from the alternator belt, that it could be slipping, but i had that problem on my Golf GTD, and the noise was quite different, it only gone when i replaced the belt. :P

(but Golf's case was really more serious, cos in the winter nights, it kept squeeking wakin up the whole neighbourhood and when I used high range lights daamn it seemed i was hurting him :lol:)

Hi Mad Ness.

Pinking meanes when an engine timing is not correct ex.when the engine is retarted or advanced.But the Yaris engine does not have a distibutor so it is impossible to go out of tune.

Cumps!!

Hi Mad Ness.

Pinking meanes when an engine timing is not correct ex.when the engine is retarted or advanced.But the Yaris engine does not have a distibutor so it is impossible to go out of tune.

:lol: yeah, in portugal the word for pinking is "grilar" :P we're always learning

Cumps!!