Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Light Kits Might Be Illegal But

Jinxed

Someone say those cars look tat lol those cars look sweet. not OTT just nice simple complimentary lighting. ive seen neon ariels, KIT style moving led bars, footpedal lighting, neon gearsticks, etc etc.... now those are OTT but just a little can go a long way and like all things too much can be a bad thing imo. great picture :thumbsup: and hope mine looks as nice in my piccies when i get a moment to do them ;)

ps love the doors.... one day.... one day :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

well ive been driving around quite a bit with the lights on. Most of the police;of which theres been a lot seein as the time of year, have completely ignored me, a few have smiled and nodded, and....

got pulled tonight, thought it was gonna be for speed and lightkit. id gone thru a junction at about 40 in a 30 zone lights on all the way, hed followed me a while and as soon as i realised he was there i letup on the gas and gently slid back down to 30, he followed me some more then woowoo. i pulled up fast wondering if hed have chance to pull in behind and he managed it. i turned everything off, cop got out and walked over... asked me if i knew why hed pulled me. I felt like retorting 'if you dont know why should i tell you' :lol:... resisted .... anyways i respectfully stated it was perhaps as i went a bit quickly thru a junction and he came back with 'thats partly it' . oh dear i thought. anyway, popo reckoned i was doing 55 in a 30 just before that which i absolutely and sincerely doubt maybe 45 but oh well, but he also said 'i havent got vascar' upfront so i thought ay well producer and whatever for lights.

He DIDNT EVEN COMMENT ON MY !Removed! LIGHTS! :( not a 'those are illegal', not a 'those are nice', not an 'are you a chav'

he warned me of the dangers of going to quickly when the roads are turning icy even tho i was only doing 40, i felt like telling him 'thats what opposite locks for' :ph34r::lol: but figured id best just !Removed! :yes:

anyways as i dont carry certification around for insurance, mot, etc. he told me 'normally id arrest you for not having any certification of those things' i kid you not. he breathalysed me, omg i need to give up smoking.... just about managed it.... asked me 'is it quick then' to which i just said it was too easy to lose track of the speed... he pnc'd me, he checked my tax disc and followed me some more lol

one of these days itll be a diferent story i know it.... if i dont change my ways and start driving like miss daisy! :thumbsup:

lol me

n oooo !Removed! gets past the filter :arrgg-matey:

you cant be arrested for not carry documents....he was trying it on there

yup lol... i jsut didnt fancy sayin 'oi you lieing :censor: , your takin the :censor: :lol:

seriously tho dont mind em havin a lark as long as they dont punish me with the law :thumbsup:

i dont like undercar neons, i think they look chavish and cheap and draws the wrong attention personaly, but each to there own otherwise we would all be driving eco friendly 1.1 nissan mircas or electic cars

i dont like undercar neons, i think they look chavish and cheap and draws the wrong attention personaly, but each to there own otherwise we would all be driving eco friendly 1.1 nissan mircas or electic cars

i dont mind you wearing my shoes :) theyve got holes in them and i bet your feet are very sore now :lol: ...cant afford new ones havin spent all my money on the car :thumbsup:

jus havin a lark wit u jd :D i know what you mean about the attention thing .... still amongst the bad attention, it gets some very attractive ladies lookin my way and even nets a couple of nice smiles ...under normal circumstances they wouldnt look at all lmao

the coppers around here just dont seem to care at all that theyre illegal

• 3 weeks later...
the coppers around here just dont seem to care at all that theyre illegal

i stand corrected..... was minding my own business having a spin. went to see if i could see any shooting stars cos it was spose to be tonight when we passed thru summat or other.... nada. was on way back, jus generally takin it easy on the bends an then kickin it a bit on the straights when noticed some headlights behind me that seemed to be catchin me up fair quick. slowed down to speed limit before car caught up and just chilled but accelerated upto the 50 limit fair brisk an then chilled again for a few minutes no speed limit infringement. suspected the car all along of bein police. on comes the flashin blues.

they pulled in behind me an got out, i switched everything off sharpish. copper walks over with his buddy and asks me to switch ALL my lights on lol. i was thinkin wow are they stoppin me cos they want a look as its nice(was that gobsmacked after good while now of drivin with them on an no copper disapproval lol) anyhow... both walked round the front and they were friendly and had nice smiles on. took a good squiz an came back to me. he said 'your showing red to the front.... its a good job were not traffic cos theyed have had a field day with you'

i asked whether it was ok to show light but not the tubes an he said 'well you are showin tubes but its the red im on about' . i jovially said ' youd have to get pretty low to see the tubes tho, maybe its only a problem for short people?' and he chucled back a 'well its just WE use that colour and its not really good if other people see you coming and think your us, and then maybe theyll think its breaklights and somethings wrong on the road like an accident' he finished up by sayin 'theyre not worth it mate, just take them off' i was like :o

so.... maybe its a colour fascist country.... no blackboards, no blackpool, no red neon :( hah dont think so theyre staying on the car.... they make her feel pretty and she wouldnt be happy if i took her slap away :)

If you can see the tubes it's pants, it's the problem I had when I was looking at doing them, you just can't hide them proper.

I don't mind a glow under the car, I think it can look good on a heavily modded car. But having a bathroom neon tube cable tied to your side skirt .. er, no.

...I don't mind a glow under the car, I think it can look good on a heavily modded car. But having a bathroom neon tube cable tied to your side skirt .. er, no.

LMAO - nearly spat my tea out at that.

As long as they're hidden and tasteful, I think certain neons can look ok on the right car (as said) and if they're used at the right times.

Interesting reading Jinxed's encounters! He can certainly tell a story :lol: ;)

...I don't mind a glow under the car, I think it can look good on a heavily modded car. But having a bathroom neon tube cable tied to your side skirt .. er, no.

LMAO - nearly spat my tea out at that.

As long as they're hidden and tasteful, I think certain neons can look ok on the right car (as said) and if they're used at the right times.

Interesting reading Jinxed's encounters! He can certainly tell a story :lol: ;)

your work must thing you are a bit mental ;) :yes::lol:

If you can see the tubes it's pants, it's the problem I had when I was looking at doing them, you just can't hide them proper.

i know what you mean B and agree... partly why i like how mr T did it... if you can see tube its a tiny bit thru the front grill as for sides there isnt a lot of space agreed(hopefully different story when i get sideskirts and lowered), mr T mounted them so the reflective strips are to the sides so they block the filament out from the side ...but light spills thru the wheels as theyre turnin, as for back... that tubes mounted high up over the exhaust box to avoid it bein really visible... isnt quite as much light can be seen from that one but it does light my exhaust box up some lol(this ones a bit pointless really). think the coppers were jus jivein me with the u can see it... think he meant while he was bent down lookin :rolleyes: its been too cold recently to be faffing around outside ,,,, waiting till it warms a bit then ill take a look an make adjustments if required :) where theres a will....

it does look nice to me .... guess if anyone has a bathroom with this kinda neon.... pretty funky bathroom .... mmm lol

hopefully gonna rouse my behind from bed at a decen time tomoz an get some pics sorted jaxx... im gonna be havin kittens waitin for ppl to start tellin me my babe looks tat lol .... i love her anyway :D be kind guys ....be kind ...shes still more lovely than a volvo estate ffs :lol:

and im hardly surprised vince.... they wont make any money from sendin you some info :( and maybe they cant make sense of the laws either lol

I think Neons can look good if done properly... and used for things like shows... but I doubt if I ever got to that stage (as Ben said, reasonably modified) that I would still drive around town.... :P

But like the use of them for shows etc, showing off the car, cause I think the glow can look pretty :)

was a ggoood day. gotuip got pisshed wit friends , forgot abbnt car, drpped garlic musrooms opn floor still ae them, no phots , don care lol++ :D

was a ggoood day. gotuip got pisshed wit friends , forgot abbnt car, drpped garlic musrooms opn floor still ae them, no phots , don care lol++ :D

:lol: someone was hammered this morning :thumbsup: , anyways, quoted so you cant edit ;) LMAO

:lol: someone was hammered this morning :thumbsup: , anyways, quoted so you cant edit ;) LMAO

lol i wear my drunkeness with pride :thumbsup: was a great night :D n yup ....ow this morn loool still havent recovered quite :lol: im actually surprised the above is even semi understandable lmao i was stage 3 drunkeness prepared ....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links