Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mr2 Roadster Water Leak!

janner_10

hi guys

new to this forum. My Mr2 is a 02 plate and had no problem with the car ever. however i got into it 2 days ago and the drivers foot well was full of water about 2 inches. it is definately not coming from the roof. any ideas???

• Like 1

hi guys

new to this forum. My Mr2 is a 02 plate and had no problem with the car ever. however i got into it 2 days ago and the drivers foot well was full of water about 2 inches. it is definately not coming from the roof. any ideas???

They had a problem with the drainage flaps in each quarter panel sticking

Water is designed to run isnside the rear 1/4 panels and the wight of the water pushes the rubber flap open. The flap use to stick against the tube and not release

A modification to cut a v out of the flap for constant drainage was done to some cars

Other than that the door seal around the glass doesnt seal right and water runs down and in the car onto the side of the dash

If you reach down the sides of the rear shelf (with the hood up) and feel water then the drains are blocked, I cleared mine be taking off the outer side intake covers then remove the drain flaps, clean them and put everything back, I wouldn't fancy cutting them unless I wanted extra cold air ventilation round me lug holes.

The window seals are usualy excellent on the Roadster, however if your hood doesn't sit properly on the fold piont, this can cause water to run into the car (usually showing on the side of your seat). nine times out of ten this is because the folding straps that run across the inside of the hood can snag making it seal incorrectly.

• 1 year later...
If you reach down the sides of the rear shelf (with the hood up) and feel water then the drains are blocked, I cleared mine be taking off the outer side intake covers then remove the drain flaps, clean them and put everything back, I wouldn't fancy cutting them unless I wanted extra cold air ventilation round me lug holes.

The window seals are usualy excellent on the Roadster, however if your hood doesn't sit properly on the fold piont, this can cause water to run into the car (usually showing on the side of your seat). nine times out of ten this is because the folding straps that run across the inside of the hood can snag making it seal incorrectly.

hi i had a problem with water in my luggage compartments and noticed my little drain is blocked how do you acess this? is it the same thing? are the vents on the rear side panel removable? help Fran

hi i had a problem with water in my luggage compartments and noticed my little drain is blocked how do you acess this? is it the same thing? are the vents on the rear side panel removable? help Fran

They are; there was a link to detailed description of how to do this posted in response to your last question. Didn't that help?

• 5 months later...

Hi im new on here, so if im posting wrong im sorry. im having the same problem, both with water behind my parcel self and water running in from the driver window. Its only just started with all this rain. i am unable to get the air vent out to clean it out and i cant stop the window leak.

It noticed someone attached some information about it on someone else message can you plzzzzzzzz send it me, as i really dont want to pay Toyota the £300 they ask for if i can do it myself.

THANKZ

• 11 years later...

I seem to get more useful information by NOT signing in!! Is the link above now dead? I can't find this thread at all after signing in - strange.....or just me being IT illiterate ??

Hi All. 

Slightly different conversation but years ago I had a Lotus Elan M100 and they take in water constantly.

A dealers official verbal reply was to drill holes in the floor as that's what they do.

Regards, Mike.

• 4 months later...