Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Power To Stereo

Heathy

I was working on my car today fitting new Speakers and a amp, I took out my head units and completely disconnected everything as I didn't do a very good job when I fitted the units so wanted to tidy up the wiring, I reconnected only the Red Black and yellow wires to turn on my head units and there seems to be no power coming through the loom :wacko: not sure whats happened is there a fuse anywhere for the standard loom?

whats your power coming from? is it direct from Battery? or from ignition? or from some other source? a clock thats always on or semi permanent? if any other than a direct Battery connection is what its linked into still working? if not that might reveal summat ... maybe a wires got pulled and its disced from summat deeper past what you can see also. have you split the power wire before the stereo and used that for the amp without a good heavy core wire or without a good fuse system? ...i use THICK wire and a big amp fuse on mine in the past oh and with seperate direct connections to Battery. Is your ground solid also....that can fubar stereos and amps out of operation with ease!

not sure of mr2 stereo wireing at the mom.... havent done mine yet but... planned

gl getting sorted and if anything comes up... ill be having a squiz at ur posts :) hope i can offer some help :thumbsup:

I am using the power, switched power and earth from the original toyota loom but the loom seems to have lost power.

I have 4 gauge wire with a 60 amp fuse for the amp but haven't even started fitting it yet.

Have you the active system with the subwoofer behind the passenger seat or the standard system?

Mine doesn't have the standard system and I remember there being something fishy about the wiring. The colours used were non-standard and there were two blocks plugged into the stereo. It looks from the two blocks that one must contain all the speaker wires and one contains power related stuff, but that's not true, one contains rear Speakers and the other contains front Speakers and power related wires.

iirc:

- Earth = Brown

- Power through ignition lock = Grey

- Power constant = Yellow/Blue

HTH

Edit: Mine DOES have the standard system! :lol:

Its sorted now earthed the stereo off a new point and I have totally rewired everything and fitted the amp under the bonnet now all that is left to do is to fit the Speakers.

Does anyone have any tips on how to feed the speaker wires to the doors as I remember trying to get a wire through there before and it was a nightmare.

Also the front Speakers don't fit in the holes so is there any way I could bring them forward a bit?

i had the active sound system fitted in mine but i have found that the wires have oxidised and gone a horrible rusty look so i have trimmed down the existing wiring loom to the Speakers and stereo and just used new wires and cables for everything. I think thats the best way forward. Has any one elses wiring oxidised.