Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[new Member :) ] 4e-fe Power/torque Graph

Gianluca

Hi ! :)

I'm Gianluca from italy (sorry for my english).

I have a 1998 Toyota Corolla, 3 doors, 1332 cc 4E-FE engine, dohc, 86hp with only some small tuning (ate power disc for braking, H code tyres instead of T, JR air filter, and some interior tuning, i'm going to install alloy wheel and koni sport shock absorber). I'm very happy with this car.

I'm wondering if anyone knows where to find the power/torque graph (curve, i don't know how to say in english) for my engine :-) The 4E-FE indeed.

Thank you in advance :thumbsup:

This should help - it is scanned from the UK Corolla brochure.

1.3%20power%20curve.jpg

This should help - it is scanned from the UK Corolla brochure.

Wonderful :)

Thank you a Lot for the fast and useful reply :) !

i've never found it before ;) that's a great forum ...it seems to me a good torque curve according to the small dimension of the engine :)

On the italian depliant they don't put the technical things :-((

I've seen also the 1.3 nameplate, it's nice :) in italy the corolla don't have the nameplate..

congratulations for your AE111SR :)))

NOt sure if it's been said before but welcome to the club... as you can see from AE111Sr full of useful information and usually quick responses and a bunch of Toyota Nutters to boot...

Glad you enjoy it and look forward to seeing more of your posts and questions....

Glad you enjoy it and look forward to seeing more of your posts and questions....

Thank you very much :-)

Dear friend,

the JR air filter that you have installed has already altered your torque curve, not dramatically but it has. I would suggest that, for acurate measurments, you should try to locate a service store with a HP meter. They can provide you with acurate measurments. I hope I helped.

Good luck.

simply cut out the catalyst and replece that with a pipe, (older versions of 4efe engine without catalyst had 99 HP, see the history of 4efe engine)

and the JR filters aren't too good for 4e-fe - my buddy from the club instaled one of this ''super filters'' to his Corolla and reduced the Power of 3 HP

the air intake system in Corollas 97-98 is really good and difficult to improve:)

With regards

Martin - Poland

P.S. Sorry of my English .....

simply cut out the catalyst and replece that with a pipe, (older versions of 4efe engine without catalyst had 99 HP, see the history of 4efe engine)

and the JR filters aren't too good for 4e-fe - my buddy from the club instaled one of this ''super filters'' to his Corolla and reduced the Power of 3 HP

the air intake system in Corollas 97-98 is really good and difficult to improve:)

With regards

Martin - Poland

P.S. Sorry of my English .....

So, it's enough to replace all the exhaust system to obtain almost 100hp ? Nice! :)

Unfortunately the emission level it's compulsory in italy (in the big cities with traffic jam and pollution problems), and we need to control the smoke gas once a year, so i think i'm not going to touch the catalyst.

Note that my JR filter it's a panel filter, and not a cone filter, so i didn't modified the airbox, it's only a replacement for the paper filter.

Thanx for the info,

greetings.

P.S. : i have problems with english too :P, hope the englishmans will understand ;).

if you want to go for an air-filter I would get the blitz sus power very nice and increases bhp by about 5bhp.

A link full of ae111's Just what I like to see!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

i hope so ;)

\\Unfortunately the emission level it's compulsory in italy (in the big cities with traffic jam and pollution problems), and we need to control the smoke gas once a year, so i think i'm not going to touch the catalyst.

\\

We controlls our car's smoke gas alike - but I've cut out the catalyst 3 yrs. ago and I have't got any problems since that day ;) - everything is good.