Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 2 Paseo Owners

Humayun

I recently changed my 'cheapie' stainless backbox for a black chrome not so cheap backbox.

The reason for changing was due to the baffles going in the old backbox which resulted in a rather nasty ropey sound when accellerating hard!!

The new backbox is much better, its got better back pressure which helps, but i miss hte loudness of the other exhaust before it went bad.

Now, as far as i can see, just after the backbox on the exhaust system, there is a length of pipe which is much wider than the rest of the system, i am guessing this is a silencer??

If it is, will i gain anything by removing the silencer and replacing it with a bit of straight-through pipe?

I mainly want to do it to make it louder,but im concerned about the back pressure?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanx :thumbsup:

I think you could be talking about the 'Catalitic converter'. Getting a straight through pipe would be a De-cat6 pipe and although it will most likely make it louder, it will also make it more raspy. Backpressure will also be affected.

I'm thinking about getting one myself as fabricators usually only charge between 60-80 £ for the pipe. :D

he's probably talking about the resonator. deleting it and the cat will help a little, but won't give you that nice, ricey sound everyone lusts after.

The piece of wider pipe you're refering to is empty, no silence material inside it. a few weeks ago i put a sebring unex 3 on my paseo, en also replaced this wider piece of pipe with a 40mm casual pipe. but i only made the sound a little different, nothing major, didn't deepen the sound or anything. so if you want a harder, deeper sound just replace the cat and put a sport exhaust on it.

i agree with matt i have a nice custom one on my seo and its fairly loud still got the cat and resonator in which i may get removed over my Xmas holidays

Jim

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links