Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

[req] Audio Preparations For Corolla Doors

Gianluca

Hi,

i'm seeking for an online shop, (that can send to italy), where i can buy a different panel for my corolla doors, or the way to make a modification, to hold 16cm speaker, instead of 13cm.

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

Anyone has a link and hints ? :)

In italy the Corolla E11 sold too little number of cars, so i can't find anything directly.

Thanks in advance ;))

Hi there,

I have fitted a set of 6.5" (16.25cm) Speakers to my Corolla SR doors, and I found no purpose made parts to do this is so this is what I did:

16cm Speakers are deeper than the standard 13cm ones, so they will not go directly into the doors without spacing them out first. This is because of the window mechanism will foul on the speaker. To stop this you need to either a) make a spacer, or B) buy one. I bought a speaker surround/spacer kit for a Vauxhaul Omega and trimmed it to fit.

The kit raises the speaker out of the door to clear the window, but if fitted as it comes it is too big for the door card to be re-fitted. I trimmed mine to half it's original depth (the speaker spacer this is). I also sealed this to the door (see picture below)

Next, the door card needs to be trimmed on the inside to allow for the bigger speaker. I removed all of the plastic (and some of the cardboard) from behind the speaker grill.

Lastly, the original Speakers have a drip guard on the back to stop any water that may enter the door from damaging the speaker. The new speakers did not have any, so I fitted a sheet of flexable heavy duty plastic around the top of the speaker to divert any drips to the bottom of the door (only after blowing up the first set of speakers in a rainstorm after water got in!!)

If you want any more info, e-mail or PM me.

Dave

post-19-1057505112.jpg

Hi there,

I have fitted a set of 6.5" (16.25cm) speakers to my Corolla SR doors, and I found no purpose made parts to do this is so this is what I did:

Thanx a lot Dave, for your info & photos.

When i have a bit of time, i'll try to make this work.

If i have any question i PM you B)

Thank you again

Greetings

there is a company over here called Autoleads who do a lot of speaker adaptors and various other audio bits. Find a supplier for them they might be able to help

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links