Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Suspension - How hard is to hard !!

TheNissanMan

Just bought my new Mr2 ('91 GT T), thought it was getting a bit boring crashing my younger brothers.....

It's bee lowered and had a suspension upgrade from previous owner, how hard is too hard for suspension as this thing has no give at all, threw a ciggie out the window earlier and felt it go under the rear tyre !!:P

there can be too hard for normal road use.......i used to have a car that had race spec coilovers on the front.......even on the soft setting the car would suffer terrible bump steer........and sometimes it would bounce out at high speed motorway corners.........is yours this bad,or is it uncomfatable.......it could even be stressing the body Shell if that hasnt been braced

braces all over, it isn't uncomfy as I like a hard ride :) will have to get a second opinion at a Toyota meet.....:o

MR2's have bracing as standard as far as I know

recently lowered my Sera as the standard suspension is really soft, trouble is now it's probably too hard! but at least now it handles decently and looks much better. Hope my teeth don't get rattled loose! :D

Still have my teeth (although no car for 2 weeks :( )

The 2 looks very different lowered, when are the pictures of the Sera being posted ?

Remember seeing the first Sera to go into Hong Kong, that was an unveiiling and a half, would love to see it lowered.

I'll see if I can get some pics scanned in soon, I'll be at both TOC meetings so hope to see you there :)

If my cars back on the road I will definately come down to the 27th meet, not a chance I'll be getting my car back this week, I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms so the 27th will be a good chance to give her a blast, see what I've missed and to see what the garage has missed, hopefully won't dump all my oil over the road again, wouldn't want to make it slippy for all those Toyota's down there !!

If its any consolation my MR2 Turbo is also a touch on the hard side. Turbos come with Bilstein dampers as standard which give wicked handling but a harsh ride. Its nice sometimes to drive our other car (Pug 405 estate) to get a break from the teeth cracking.

Still a great car though and you do get used to it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links