Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Alloys For Corolla E12

Ian S

Hi there, I have a 52 plate Corolla T3....it comes with 15'' alloys running on 195/60R15 tyres, which I changed to 16'' Superleggeras running 195/45/R16 tyres, but am not happy at all with them, they look so small on the car and don't fill the arches at all....would I be alright putting 17's on, or would it cause problems? Cheers.

I wouldn't put fatter tyres on your new alloys too much, that way, your tyres will be scrubbed by the inner wheel arches or possibly worse your alloys as well :(

You could try and lowering the car down, say by 20mm, that would make it look like the arches look more filled as what your looking for :thumbsup:

205x50/16 would have been the same rolling radius (or as close as you would get) and would have filled the arches the same way your 195x60/15's did. If you want to go to 17".. this wouldn't be a problem either.. tyre size would be 215x40x17 for same rolling radius.. however 215 width could be a little too wide.. so it would be better to go with 205x40/17 or for a little more money.. 205x45/17.

I done a little search and found a handy conversion chart... clicky Simply click on the tyre size that’s standard for your car, and the calculator will produce a list of possible fitments that retain the same rolling radius. If the car is getting lowered.. it could be advisable to go to a lower profile than that of the original rolling radius.

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links