Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Faster Car Required... Any Recommendations?

cookci

as per title. my car is too slow and does naf all MPG... any suggestions?

thinking of a import supra :drool: none turbo but insurance is a little high :(

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leeky

• mikeb

• cookci

• IanGT

Top Posters In This Topic

as per title. my car is too slow and does naf all MPG... any suggestions?

thinking of a import supra  :drool:  none turbo but insurance is a little high :(

i wouldnt mind an older 300zx :blink: if you can find a good one .

Mate, I couldn't recommend a jspec n/a enough!

I absolutely love mine, it's certainly not amazing on fuel but it's nowhere near as bad as I thought... :thumbsup:

Also, the insurance really isn't that bad! Only a group 16 :yes:

Come on! You know it makes sense!!! :P

Mate, I couldn't recommend a jspec n/a enough!

I absolutely love mine, it's certainly not amazing on fuel but it's nowhere near as bad as I thought... :thumbsup:

Also, the insurance really isn't that bad!  Only a group 16 :yes:

Come on!  You know it makes sense!!! :P

:censor: hes right it does make sense

:lol: Lotus Esprit Turbo? ;)

0-60 in just a shade over 5secs, not bad considering its only 2.2ltrs and 215bhp :thumbsup:

Doesnt fail to get noticed ;)

300ZX.. thats a nice idea also cheers mate :)

They aint that fast in the flesh, something like 6.3secs 0-60....and thats only if the engine doesnt explode off the line :lol::thumbsup:

Hows about Supra TT, RX7, Skyline GT-R, GT4 etc... all about 5.5secs or less ;)

They aint that fast in the flesh, something like 6.3secs 0-60....and thats only if the engine doesnt explode off the line :lol::thumbsup:

Hows about Supra TT, RX7, Skyline GT-R, GT4 etc... all about 5.5secs or less ;)

Nissan , i realy dont think your any more likely to get an exploding engine in a 300zx than you are in a proton :unsure: i mean a lotus...

Nissans are quality machines and the 300zx is a largely overlooked car but a clean one can look awesome !1 :thumbsup:

take off those spoiler blocks , told ya. :lol: :P

how old r u mate and who do you insure with? how fast we talking?

300ZX.. thats a nice idea also cheers mate :)

Sorry mate, not sure if you're talking to me but i'll answer on the off chance! :)

At the moment i'm insured with Norwich Union, they're not that competitive but they'll do for another two months (want me no claims)

I've had good quotes with other companies, looking around the £650-700 mark, that's being 26 years old, 4 years no claims, no points or convictions driving for 8 years. Try Sky, Lancaster or a trusty old Autotrader search!!!

Not 100% sure of the stats but sure it's much faster/quicker than the average!

I believe (feel free to correct me) it's 225bhp, top ends about 155mph and 0-60 about 6.2?

Mines an automatic and i'll never look back.

It's quick, smooth and not that expensive to run, also, what other car looks that good?!! :drool:

Nissans are quality machines and the 300zx is a largely overlooked

I agree they are overlooked but the 3ltrs v6 twin turbo lump in them may as well be made out of jam. They are rubbish engines. The headgaskets are a problem as are the turbo seals.

They need major uprating before you can safely up the power :yes:

Don't go for a 300zx, they are all getting a bit old, and are notorious for electrical (usually brittle loom) faults. The nissan s13 is quite well regarded. I take it a GT4 is not an option?

I doubt that a N/A supe would be enough of a step up from your celica in real terms, especially an N/A auto. Supra prices are in freefall at the moment, you could probably stretch to a turbo (if you can afford the insurance).

If you don't need 4 seats/luggage capacity, how about an Elise or MR2 turbo?

Whatever you consider, you won't get better mpg with the same performance unless you get something lighter/smaller engine. The Elise can return >40 mpg on motorway journeys. Most modern cars are very lardy - all those airbags, and other safety features really weigh them down. You always end up making the tradeoff between performance/weight (size)/and MPG.

Try a GT4... beat ya supra easy :P

It's just a shame old four eyes ain't much of a looker is she?!! :P

Stock mk4 supra tt manual vs stock gen 6 gt4 the gt4 is actually quicker to 30mph because of the amount of traction :yes:

but once the grip is down and the turbos are boosting the supra can eat a gt4 for breakfast.

Although i do rate the st205 as the better car in all honesty because of the superb handling and the very minor tuning needed to bring it on par with the supra.

Although i also agree that the st205 is a bit of an ugly baby ;)

If only they made the supra 4wd.....

Agreed on all accounts, I'm quite happy to accept my cars nowhere near the fastest in the land, she's just fricking luuuuuuuuush :drool:

TVR...

e.g.

Griffith - 0-60 in 4.1 secs, top speed, 167mph

specs

and before anyone says anything, the RV8 engined 90's cars were the most reliable TVR have ever made - and apart from the odd electrical gremlin, they are a lot more solid and reliable than, say, a Lotus Esprit ;)

they are a lot more solid and reliable than, say, a Lotus Esprit ;)

Ohhh you biatch :lol: :P Im sure you are right, the tvr cant be any worse than an Esprit for reliability. But in all fair ness either car will prove trouble free if you take a lot of care with it and treat it well :yes:

they are a lot more solid and reliable than, say, a Lotus Esprit ;)

Ohhh you !Removed! :lol: :P Im sure you are right, the tvr cant be any worse than an Esprit for reliability. But in all fair ness either car will prove trouble free if you take a lot of care with it and treat it well :yes:

sorry i couldnt reisit :rolleyes:

but your right, if you get a cared for car, keep it serviced, you should be fine...

i know a lot of TVR owners that use them everyday and have no more problems than youd have with a similarly aged Ford (i am of course, avoiding the SP6 issue here - but then, thats no different to the BMW VANOS problem...)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links