Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

God Damn Wiring :-(

old banger

I was hoping someone is able to help me. i am just in the process of painting my Mk 2 and have now just bought one of those snazzy looking pioneer sat nav things but heres the problem. no-where can i find a wiring diagram for the whole car as i need to find the speed detection circuit lead????? Exactly. :censor: Does anyone know where i can find a wiring diagram to print off the net. Im hoping to get my baby looking half presentable for his first time at the TOC owners club meets. I should say its a 3S-GE

CHEERS

Haven't really thought this through yet, but bear with me.....

Being an import, won't there be a speedo convertor fitted behind the clocks? This has to break into the detection wire so it should be easy to spot there. There's also connections for live and ground, but these are usually labelled on the clocks or can be tested with a meter.

So do you mean that the import has a converter to kph behind the clocks. Im not sure of the colour wire i should be looking for so im looking for a wiring diagram to help me. Would the workshop manuals off e-bay have the whole wiring diagram in them??? i feel so confused. and the more i look at this pioneer the more wires i find. :o Why do we do this to our selves???

but if anyone that lives near bedford that know wiring like the back of there hand wants to help then be my guest.......

Cheers Warren for the diagrams. Which initial is the speed detection wire on the rev 1 diagram???

• 2 weeks later...
I have ECU pinout diags.

Thatr has speed sensor, and revs, and etc etc if you want a copy, PM me your email adress

can you pls end me the wiring diagram on my email plzzz robgalea@onvol.net ecu pinouts is grt, but if u have of the automatic gerabox would be greater,, thanks mateeeeeee

The speed pulse wires are right there on the back of the speedo.

If it's rev 2 or later, it's the top left of the screws that hold the speedo into the instrument cluster. This is a 12v signal. Top right screw is a 5v to the ECU signal.

On the rev 1 it's the bottom of the two screws to the right of where the speedo cable goes into the unit. This is 5v IIRC, it's been a while since I checked.

im thinking im doing it to myself cos my 2 will be my church for the nxt 10 or so years  :yes:

Your only going to use it on Sunday's and will be saying the Lord's prayer whilst going sideways?

though im sure gods people get to be idle 6 days a week ....i worship the dark one and anytimes good for a sacrifice or unholy prayer aimed at some stoopid tosspot whose trying to barge into my cars space :ph34r: :D :thumbsup:

everyday, anytime, anywhere....

mr2's are so sexy theyre all goin to hell ...and therefore so am i :lol::thumbsup:

I was hoping someone is able to help me. i am just in the process of painting my Mk 2 and have now just bought one of those snazzy looking pioneer sat nav things but heres the problem. no-where can i find a wiring diagram for the whole car as i need to find the speed detection circuit lead????? Exactly.  :censor:  Does anyone know where i can find a wiring diagram to print off the net. Im hoping to get my baby looking half presentable for his first time at the TOC owners club meets. I should say its a 3S-GE      

CHEERS

I have a full set of 3S-FE & 3S-GE Electrical diagrams which I have hosted on the Web.

You can download it for free here.3S-FE & 3S-GE Electrical Diagrams

HTH...Bob

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links