Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toymotor D4d

binkie

I think the Aygo, Citroen C1, Peugeot 106 will have the Toyota 1.4 D-4D engine in them when the diesel variants are released next year.... :thumbsup:

I think the Aygo, Citroen C1, Peugeot 106 will have the Toyota 1.4 D-4D engine in them when the diesel variants are released next year....  :thumbsup:

yeah its french enmgine

Don't think the D4D engine will be used in the C1/107... I seem to remember the output of that (1.4HDi) being 55bhp whereas the D4D is 74bhp.

The diesel in the new yaris is even more impressive! it D-4D 90 which means 90 bhp! 0-60 of 10.7 which is respectable! o and 190NM of torque!

Does anyone know of other vehicles which use the YarisToymotor  1.4L  D4D engine apart from the mini?

As far as I know the Mini only uses the D4D Toyota engine.

Sorry to be nosey but can i ask why?

I was curious to learn whether other manufacturers were about to use what I consider to be an excellent power unit.

O right well did you see my post about the MKII yaris using the D-4D 90 :D the new D-4D unit that has 90 bhp this time :D

C1/107 con't use the D4D... they use a horrid french unit that's slow, heavy, noisy, rattly and far too expensive. Now that's bad diesel technology... Some can do it... some can't!

O right well did you see my post about the MKII yaris using the D-4D 90 :D the new D-4D unit that has 90 bhp this time :D

:thumbsup:

I'll have to start saving up for one!

My Yaris has more poke than the latest 90hp D-4D ... can't say too much without incurring the wrath of the moderators though.

Search the forums for the full story .... a £155 tuning box is a sight cheaper than a brand new car ??

Is the latest D-4d only a tuning box then to improve it? as if not then imagine the new d4-d with a tuning box then and even more power! but im sure your right and its just the standard engine tuned a bit further! O and even so you could still get the same "pokey"ness out of the d-4d 90 with a tuning box just less difference as its already part way there as standard (which is the point!)

I think the Aygo, Citroen C1, Peugeot 106 will have the Toyota 1.4 D-4D engine in them when the diesel variants are released next year....  :thumbsup:

I think Aygo, C1 and 106 will have an HDI engine, it's some kind of arrangement, toyota supplied the 1.0 VVT-i engine and PSA will supply the diesels. :crybaby:

if i remember correctly....the new yaris D4D is faster than the petrol version yaris.....plus i like the sound a turbo makes :thumbsup:

my cousin has a D4D yaris, and it's a little rocket :P lots of torque, but the turbo is quite subtile... :wacko: if you want a diesel that you can really hear the blow, get a TDI :P or any old-fashion Diesel (like my Golf GTD :lol: ) with one of those you get 2 bonuses, turbo whistle and the ninja attack (or octopus attack) :ph34r: you go away behind a dense black cloud!! :lol: