Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T205 Gt-4 Vs......opinons + Info Needed.

KiwiMR2

Right, long story short MR X is selling his MR2 and wants a 4wd turbo for a change, despite my trying to convince him to get a Gen III MR2 he seems set in his ways with the 4wd (4 seats is a nice change as well). Now me being such a big 3sgte fan I then moved on to pushing him towards a ST205 GT-4, that is as an option against the wrx he seems so sure on. I know Im on a Toyota forum so Im gonna expect some replys to be a bit biased (understandable;) ) but as a comparision I'd be keen to know what sort of results would come from say a full exhaust from the turbo back, a decent intake (cold airbox idealy) and some boost...the GT-4 with the exhaust and intake 18psi would be the call (well at least it is on the MR2 so I assume the GT-4 can handle it too)...is that an option on the wrx with those mods??

So yeah...comparing say a 1996 Sti which is probably what he will get to the GT-4 of the same year,what do people think. He really wants an all round car..not specific to drag, a good quick street cat..ocasional track but only for fun.

I'll fill you in some more after a few repleys as I have the results form a simaler post on a Subaru froums....the general feeling there is the WRX will be a better choice....about 100kg's difference in weight going the WRX way, also 205kw's vs 186kw again going the WRX way, and a nice dyno sheet showing a WRX STi the only mods it has is a link and an exhaust system with a K&N panel filter in the stock box...185kw ATW.

There seems to be a lot of ST205 owners on here so your opinions would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

KiwiMR2

3s-gte with air cleaner good freeflowing exhaust (3" dia idealy) and a boost hike to 1.1 bar should see 300 bhp but do not be tempted to go any higher boost than this you will eventualy break pistons

3s-gte with air cleaner good freeflowing exhaust (3" dia idealy) and a boost hike to 1.1 bar should see 300 bhp but do not be tempted to go any higher boost than this you will eventualy break pistons

The car's mapped to around 18.5 psi..where fuel cut is set, a high setting of 1.25 bar would be fine as long as it wasn't ALL the time..well that's in my opinon anyway :) So do you think it's even a fair comparrision to a wrx sti??

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links