Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Overheating Problem Unsolved

booja

My 1999 Avensis suddenly starting making a gurgling sound then the temperature gauge shot up. The RAC man came and found the coolant completely drained. He assessed the problem was from a leaking water pump. I took the car to a garage and had the water pump replaced, but after driving the car for a few minutes, the temperature gauge rose again. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? The guy at the garage says it might be air lock, but could it be somehting more serious?

It could be something more serious, but i'd go for an air lock too as being the most likely.

Tell the bloke who fixed it to fix it properly!! :bookworm:

sounds like an air lock, faulty thermostat, blocked rad (do bothe the pipes get hot after the cars warmed up??), or possibly head gasket.... altho i not heard of many of them problems with TOYOTA's and any of them :S

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links