Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Compatible Cd-players

Tim

Hello. Just bought a Yaris 1.3 (year 2000). Unfortunately it came with a tape player and now I would like to get a CD player instead. The price for a Toyota single CD-player at my local Toyota dealed was 370 euros (around 300 US dollars) Too expensive for me. So, I would like to get a list of compatible single CD players for Toyota. I do have a JVC that I bought a year ago and I could also try to exchange it to some other player with my mates.

When you have a compatible player installed, how does it actually work? I mean, does the original display of Toyota show information just like with a original Toyota CD player?

Cheers Tim

any single DIN headunit will be compatible with yaris if you have the PC2-17-4 adaptor for the wiring looms.

Having just installed mine yesterday I can tell you quite alot about it :)

it's quite tricky to do though if you don't know what you're doing (like i didn't lol)

the clock and temp display will still work but the headunit you install will work seperately from the yaris tape player, you have to operate the radio from the headunit etc

sam

Yarisboy,

I don't suppose you'ld be interested in writing up a How to document about swapping over the stereo in a Yaris and putting it in workshop submissions as it is something a lot of people ask about and from what I have read on the forum isn't the easiest thing to do !!

sure I can do that, I've had a lot of help from people on the forum though: SteveRatcliffe, yaristpot, VTRick so they all deserve a shout out for it :)

i'll start the write up now

Dunno if its any use to you Yarisboy but i took some pics when i took my dash apart to fit my MP3 jukebox controller. I've put them online, use them if you wish :)

Techno

thanks for that techno, the article is now up in the workshop submissions forum

if people are still stuck for help i will direct them to your pics :D

any single DIN headunit will be compatible with yaris if you have the PC2-17-4 adaptor for the wiring looms.

just one more thing mate, you have to make sure that the head unit is has ISO conectors. they usually do, but kmake sure to be on the safe side.

OK, my father has just treated himself to a Yaris D4-D, and I thought I'd get him the cd, as he's only got the tape/ tuner (old model GS...)

So, did a bit of searching and found the single player refered to as the TF0411 or 34245, and was fortunate enough to get one s/h.

Now, having got the beast in front of me, the connector looks like a match for that on the back of the head unit alright, but I was expecting some kind of "Y" adaptor to accept the original plug (to the display? dunno, haven't stripped it out yet...) Techno's image,BTW.

user posted image

It's the right hand connector in this shot, no?

So question is, is it the right player OK, I think it is, but has the seller shafted me by losing a cable? If so, anybody have one they can give the pinout to? :unsure:

Thanks.

David

Riiight...

Apart from the player being DOA (dropped in transit, no transit screw fitted :huh: ) the wiring issue was easy to resolve. The blue and pink wires going to the display just get put in parallel (I scotchlocked...) with the blue and grey wires in the same location on the cd player's plug.

Now, time to see if the vendor wants to help :unsure: