Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Yours Swivel?

Harbinger

I was reading in the owners manual that the rear Toyota Badge swivels to reveal a lock. However mines does not, it appears glued in place. I have checked behind the boot lid and there is a lock there. Anyone else had this problem? Suggest a solution?

I could obviously apply force and rip the Badge off but then may need to just stick it back on. It is a pain having to open the car and release the boot switch to open the boot every time.

Thanks in advance.

Mine does mate but I never use it, just the remote one next to drivers seat. I think you have to pull it back slightly first from memory :huh:

When I got my car, the previous owner found it had come loose, it is supposed to be screwed in, if someone has lost the screw and use the remote release, it only seems natural they glue it

mine had fallen off, so has a bolt in the right hand side of it, its black and very small, never notice it unless you were looking for it

Well I know this is probably going overboard but I have ordered a new Badge. Little things like that really :censor: me off!!! For anyone interested thay are £32 + VAT. Thats supply only. I'll try and keep the existing lock and put the new Badge on. When i get the part (dealer advises 29th ish) I'll have a stab and let you know how I got on.

• 2 weeks later...

Find a scrappie mate - toyota would probably want shed loads for it :P

BTW only 2nd gens have swivel thingies...

1st gens are fixed.

UPDATE

Got new Badge from Dealer - (only took a couple of days to come in). Fitting is very simple. Two screws - you will need a spanner - 10mm. undo the screws and remove the small plastic clip out it pops. fitting is just the reverse.

New Badge looks great - nice n shiny and it finally swivels :D

The lock is fixed into the Badge and cannot be changed so you will have 2 keys on your keyring but thats not a biggie.

If you can find one in a scrappy (good luck finding one though :unsure: ) then you will need to get the key for it as well. A bit obvious i know but these things can be overlooked.