Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Supra Wheels Onto A Tubby

TOYMOTA

Someone I know on another forum is selling a set of standard Toyota Supra wheels and I was wondering if they will fit straight onto my tubby?

The size is 225/50/16. Is the height too much to fit under the Mk2 wheels arches? And is the stud pattern the same??

stud patterns the same width may be awkward, my mates runnin volks off a supra on his '2 but he struggles with full lock, and had the front tyres put on the rear an got 2 new fronts,

no, it's the 8" rim width that's the problem, not the tyre. even running 215/40 won't clear the standard strut or tein struts (going by my rev 1 and rev 3, neither of which they fitted). you will need at least 10mm spacers which in order to fit you'll probably need longer studs. rears fit no problems.

they do make it look subtle, which is good. i'm running 30mm spacers all round with mine and my arches are rolled so they fill the arches a treat with no rubbing. on my rev 1 they rubbed with spacers on the rears, fronts were okay with 215 (the smallest tyre you can fit, plus the 30mm spacers) but they stuck out too far.

DSC00315.jpg

wow that does fill the rear nicely, looks very subtle too. nice one

Tried some 18" BK Racing wheels yesterday. They went on okay, but you could hrdly turn the steering wheel. They were only 7.5" wide, whereas the Supra ones are 8" wide!

they do make it look subtle, which is good.  i'm running 30mm spacers all round with mine and my arches are rolled so they fill the arches a treat with no rubbing.  on my rev 1 they rubbed with spacers on the rears, fronts were okay with 215 (the smallest tyre you can fit, plus the 30mm spacers) but they stuck out too far.

DSC00315.jpg

i actually think that looks superb!

if they were polished or gunmetal theyd look a right treat!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links